Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Remove the stop tail lights Lens and housingThen you will see the rubber filler tube and filler neck. To fuel tank i. see if you can remove the filler neck with gas cap attach.. then take the gas cap to qualified lock smith and have them make new key. And open lock... easiest way

You need a parts vendor supplier soon ..... I would try Opel GT Source
Or find the nearest one to ship to you.....your going to need new parts for that Monster
Is there a tutorial on how to remove the tail lights? I saw that teh screws only keep teh red glass! Do i acces it true the ''trunk'?

·
Senior Contributor
1,644 Posts
Is there a tutorial on how to remove the tail lights? I saw that teh screws only keep teh red glass! Do i acces it true the ''trunk'?
There no trunk on these Cars dude.... then you need another key..j/k
There is only a storage compartment with the spare tire..the fuel tank is under there,,under the spare tire deck..

So take out the two red Len glass then unscrew the housing ,,,Mark the wires and remove housing so you can use both hands around filler tube,, loosen tank fill hose and pull filler tube from the lock gas cap ,,,up on off your GT. Done.. Good Luck Dude

4,231 Posts
Most of your questions you will find with a little search in the Main Tech Forum here!

When lose the two screws from the glasses you will found a gasket.The next three screws for the housing are behind the gasket!

Oh Mikey wrote before the same! So he was the first and must answer the next thousand screws!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thank you guys
I used the '( """"") when calling it a trunk
I opened the red tail lights but did not saw others screws so thats why i tought i acces it true the spare's tire 'trunk'':)
I must of missed those 3 holding the housing
I will check again tomorow i did not knew they are under the gasket!
remember i owe a Gt for two days so please bear with me:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I did not have a wheel puller and the cheap ones fm HFT looked like they were too thick to get underneath the gas cap. I used First Opel’s method but used drywall screws two small pcs plywood, a small piece of lumber 3 1/4” wide, two Simpson Stong Tie A35z metal clips from the Home Depot to get get under the hacksaw blade. It worked very well. I used a $12 brake spreader fm HFT, but in retrospect a big bolt with a large fender washer and nut would have worked just as well. Pics below. I cut a radius out of the A35 clips, but not entirely sure this is necessary, they had pretty good purchase with cutting them down.

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts