Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Well, there I was, looking at the Opel ads and "WHAM!" A GT persons dream. What, you ask? A restorable 69 GT for FREE! free-free-free! Gonna be cut up in three weeks! Aghh! Worse, it's in MI, I'm KS and just don't have the resourses to get it trucked here. New siding on the old house, you see, otherwise no house ins. Someone save this car! The little bit wrong with it makes it worth saving.
Remember: SAVE THE WHALES! and SAVE THE GT's!

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
I want that car!!!but i can't get to it!!!

I live in ILLinois and i want that car, but i dont have a way to get it back home. and my budget is tight on my 71

·
1,973 Posts
Jared! go and save it!

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah! Good news! I got a personal e-mail saying 3 people are lined up to give it a good home. :)

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
dont worry group, i did what a true diehard opel freak would do, of course i saved it!!! going to get it the first week or two of august, try to get it asap, borrowing moms truck (97 GMC 3/4 ton witha 350vortec and tow package) my old diesel just dont like the highway. debating on whether i wanna take the car dolly because its smaller or if i wanna just trailer it. had to ask mom for her truck, dad is tired of getting opels hundreds of miles away, guess i dont blame him. if somebody buys my 72GT then i'll have the money to go get the GT and go to vicki and allens.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
well group, i did get the 69 last night. mike said he didnt know if it ran and it didnt have a carb, well turns out that it did have a carb, and within 15 minutes of bringing it home i had it running!!! rather than alot of lifter clatter it sounds pretty smooth and bottom end seems quiet. not sure of oil pressure, alot of guages dont work. the body is very nice, especially for a GT. came with a stash of parts, even a new header that i'll be putting on in the next couple days and a set of tires like brand new on GT rims, i'm putting those on this morning. if anybody needs anything, let me know, i have quite a few parts now, about 2 truck loads.

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:eek: Ah jared, you lucky dog! I'm jealous and green with envy. BUT! concidering you have had a few lows (Opel wise) along way, maybe it was just your turn to have a high.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
its not a 69 GT, i confirmed it as a 70 this morning, it lacks the rectangular indicator lights and the manufacture date on the door is 9-69, making it a 70. but it runs strong, drives straight and smooth, brakes work pretty good, wont take too much so long as the electrical aint all too bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts