Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these are hard to find but figured I’d atleast put this out there. Looking for 4.22 or 4.3 ring and pinions. Also hoping to find a zf( or any plate/clutch type lsd).

·
Opeler
839 Posts
I have an NOS LSD unit. I believe it is a 40% unit. I bought it 8 or 10 years ago, with the intention of swapping my early diff, for a later version. Never got around to the swap, and instead, settled for a 3:67 gear set in the pumpkin. This LSD won't work with the early, clip style differential. I also have a set of Isuzu 3:89 gears, but do not have the crush sleeve for the install. Lastly, I have a set of twins; Weber 48 SD carbs.
I paid a fortune for the LSD, the Isuzu diff was $300, and the SD carbs are negotiable.
Wes

·
Registered
541 Posts
I can't find the crush sleeve anywhere. I will find one that is close in diameter and either shorten it or turn a solid sleeve and shim the pinion to get the correct preload on the bearings. PITA. RB, if you don't mind opening your NOS packaging, maybe you could dig out your calipers and post dimensions of the Isuzu spacer. Sorry I hijacked your thread Young Olds. Same topic tho.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The solid pinion sleeve is popular with Toyota guys.

·
Super Moderator
13,812 Posts
I can't find the crush sleeve anywhere. I will find one that is close in diameter and either shorten it or turn a solid sleeve and shim the pinion to get the correct preload on the bearings. PITA. RB, if you don't mind opening your NOS packaging, maybe you could dig out your calipers and post dimensions of the Isuzu spacer. Sorry I hijacked your thread Young Olds. Same topic tho.
I wouldn’t know where to begin looking for that. It was pure chance I had a spare set of loose bearings to reference.

·
Super Moderator
13,812 Posts
GT Source has been supplying me with crush sleeves without issues. Have you check with them recently?
The Isuzu crush sleeve is decidedly larger and different.

·
Opeler
127 Posts
How about these:
IMG_2226.JPG IMG_2227.JPG IMG_2229.JPG IMG_2230.JPG IMG_2231.JPG

The calipers are a cheap pair and i was measuring with one hand while taking the picture, so, these are not super precise!
If you need anything else or a more accurate measure, let me know.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi young olds- This is Ernie Bello in Florida. I have a Rebuilt LSD and a 4:22 Gear Set. Been racing so long with a "welded" diff that I'm likely never going to use the LSD. I'd like to trade the 4.22 gears for a set of 3.89s... Not sure what the LSD is worth... Let me know your thoughts if any interest. It was rebuilt years ago by Jim Blanton at Performance Gearing. It is for 3.67 and "up" gear Sets. The 4.22 gears are used, of course, but in good shape... Also! I have a Getrag 4-Speed transmission and a Bellhousing to go with that....

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bello, I tried messaging you privately, don’t inow if it worked. I don’t have any gears to trade but wondering how much you want for your lsd and 4.22 gears, do you know if it’s the 40% or 70% unit?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still looking

·
Can Opeler
3,468 Posts

·
Can Opeler
3,468 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I found gears, just want to locate a zf lsd now.

·
Can Opeler
3,468 Posts
See second link

·
GT Owner
391 Posts
Hi young olds- This is Ernie Bello in Florida. I have a Rebuilt LSD and a 4:22 Gear Set. Been racing so long with a "welded" diff that I'm likely never going to use the LSD. I'd like to trade the 4.22 gears for a set of 3.89s... Not sure what the LSD is worth... Let me know your thoughts if any interest. It was rebuilt years ago by Jim Blanton at Performance Gearing. It is for 3.67 and "up" gear Sets. The 4.22 gears are used, of course, but in good shape... Also! I have a Getrag 4-Speed transmission and a Bellhousing to go with that....
Hi Ernie,
I have a set of 3.90s I purchased from you years ago . if you need them I’ll sale them back for the same price.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts