Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,403 Posts
Damn, P.J., that doesn't sound good. First of all, I'm very concerned about you now as my friend (as a friend of everybody here). For you to decide to let your baby go ... :eek:

My garage is really over-full right now, but still I'm almost tempted to risk my sanity and the relationship to my Gräfin. But I'm sure that somebody else will jump on this opportunity for the ridiculously low price which you have set. There's exactly 3 GT's in North America which I would consider to own, and your's is way on top of this short list.

Good luck to you, my friend!

Dieter

·
Senior Contributor
1,643 Posts
Gosh PJ this is a Shock to hear for a Car Lover like you to have become to a serious health issues .other than Opelitus ,,I sure pray you'll be OK. Damn. You made a Great impression here , not only with your GT and your Great Mod's you have designed and made, Super Job! and All Automotive knowledge that you/ve brought and shared over the years. I really hope to see and pray for a speedy Recovery to your health... Your GT is your Treasure.... but personally I would send it home to Germany where it will get the Love it needs.

Reactions: P.J. Romano

·
1,752 Posts
P.J.
As others have said, my first hope is that you can beat what ever you are facing and rejoin us on the Opel show fields. Your GT is a star and your talent and pride in workmanship is evident to anyone who sees it. Yours is the second Opel that has come up for sale in the couple of months that I am almost tempted to strain my budget for, even in these trying times. I would definitely move Connie's G8 out of the garage to move your GT in. Anyone looking to buy this GT needs to remember it is meant to be driven.
Good luck my Friend

·
Registered
772 Posts
I went a to a funeral recently, and the thing that struck me was, I wonder if that person knew how these people felt about them when they were alive. It's nice to say nice things about people after they're gone, but it's nicer to say nice things to them before they're gone. In fact, it's nice to just appreciate people in general, whether their time is near now or still decades away.

So, to PJ, whether this current ailment ends up being your last or just another speedbump, just wanted to take time to say that even though I'm new, I've been going through a lot of old threads around here trying to decide how to do things and what kinds of things I might want to change with my build. You're so thorough and detailed that even as a beginner I can follow what you're doing, and you've been one of the few people who I've just gone through your account in general to find out what you had to say. I appreciate all the ways you've contributed to this community over the years and it's helped me figure things out.

I think it's generous and kind of you to arrange your affairs in a way that benefits others. Cars are just things and things don't matter as much as people, but, for something you spent so much time and effort on, I hope you find someone to take care of yours and who appreciates the work you put into it during their tenure as its custodian.

·
Opeler
719 Posts
Pj, I'm sad to hear this and I pray for you and your family. I am taken back to the evening you and I spent the having beers and wings the day before Brads funeral. An evening to remember and I hope there's more of those times down the road. You and your GT are a staple at the shows we all will miss you both but I hope you can rejoin us in the future, with or without an Opel.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Btw bud! Your 4 speed you sold me on the return from 2013 Carlisle is still kicked ass German style !

Thank you for taking me into your home that day, the ride around your town and all your hospitality! Really good times and ofcourse your private tour of my 2013 Saturday Carlisle event was priceless !

·
Registered
399 Posts
I’ve been off the site a couple weeks so when I saw your post I almost fainted. I’ll be praying for a good outcome and if there is anything you need dear friend please just ask.

·
Registered
54 Posts
As a fellow Canuck, I wish you all the best. Over the years I've enjoyed reading your posts and progress on your car. Someone will get a fine machine.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,403 Posts
unfortunately no Chance to license the car in Germany...:-( due to German TÜV rules
I am NOT supporting this statement. Suspension and brakes are more than able to handle the power, it has an Opel CIH which is no problem in a GT at all, the body mods were done with fiberglass parts that can be registered, and there are other cars in Germany that drive around with aftermarket (or Corsa) electrical power steering. Get a "Einzelabnahme" and be done. You won't get the "H"-Plates, though... :ROFLMAO:

Dieter

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that you are having serious health issues... All of those that know you from Carlisle and other shows as well as the friends you have made here are pulling for you and praying for a speedy recovery... The meticulous way you rebuilt this GT is beyond words... Get well soon, we all want to see you at Carlisle again soon.

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
PJ - Vickie told me She had read that you were selling your car on Facebook and wondered if there was a health issue. We are so sorry to hear about this. Cars, even one as awesome as yours, can be replaced, but you and your health are always more important. We pray for healing for you and hope to see you sometime soon. As you know, Vickie and I are your friends and if there is any way we can help, we are here for you. God bless you and your family.

Allen & Vickie Gage

·
Opeler
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Thank you everybody for good wishes regarding my health. I am overwhelmed with the number of emails, calls, messages and posts. It makes me very happy to have so many sincere friends and it will much help with my fight against the disease.

Local vintage cars club organized Rolling Car Show yesterday where we drove in the caravan of 275 vintage cars for about 2.5 hours. Following anti-Corona rules everyone had to stay in the car. Numerous people lined up roads and streets to watch the parade, wave and take pictures. My daughter Maja and I took an opportunity to drive the GT for the last time. The car was sold to a very good home in Calgary, Alberta, so it stays in Canada.

I will stay as active as possible in this Forum and FB as Opelitis cannot be cured. Hope to see you all once I recover.
P.J.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time... We'll miss your GT @ Carlisle but will be happy to see you if you decide to stop by.

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
You are cordially invited to my home and new workshop in New Hampshire should you wish to venture out that far.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts