Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I'm currently looking for an Opel GT and would appreciate any help finding one! I'm located in the heart of Vancouver but am definitely willing to go a ways away to pick up the right car.
Thanks everyone,
Levi

·
1,719 Posts
What condition, ready to drive or needing some work? Automatic or manual shift.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What condition, ready to drive or needing some work? Automatic or manual shift.
Ideally a blend hahaha. Semi ready to drive but I definitely want to get my hands dirty with it as well. Just recently sold a 124 Spider I was fixing up.
And definitely 100% manual. One of the earliest GT models.
Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ideally a blend hahaha. Semi ready to drive but I definitely want to get my hands dirty with it as well. Just recently sold a 124 Spider I was fixing up.
And definitely 100% manual. One of the earliest GT models.
Thanks for the reply!
My 71Opel Gt 1900 driver for sale in Oliver BC. $13,500 USD.
0-3.jpg

·
Opeler
1,258 Posts
So you’re looking at finding a GT that doesn’t need too much work but you can give a little TLC to, am I correct?
$3,000 US may not be enlightened to find what you’re looking for, FYI. But everyone has there idea of “not too much work” or “a driver”...I’m sure others will chime in and hopefully you’ll be able to find something

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you’re looking at finding a GT that doesn’t need too much work but you can give a little TLC to, am I correct?
$3,000 US may not be enlightened to find what you’re looking for, FYI. But everyone has there idea of “not too much work” or “a driver”...I’m sure others will chime in and hopefully you’ll be able to find something
Yeah thanks. I definitely don't mind a solid amount of work. Ideally it would be the type of car I'm constantly working on but also can drive semi-regularly. I have experience working on old cars already too, my old Fiat 124 Spider and my brothers '68 Triumph GT6.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
702 Posts
Jayhawkjesse33 speaks words filled with truth and wisdom. $3000.00 may find you a GT that runs but unlikely that new purchase would get you very far or give you many days of trouble free transprortation. 3000 dollars will buy you a project car that will have a pretty large appetite for additions $$$ and your time. It is good that you have experience working on old cars as your experience level with the purchase of a 3000 GT will only serve to add to your experience level, quickly bring you to the level of expert. One of the things that many of the members of this forum have discovered is the more you spend and the more you work on the car, well that just leads to spending more and working more on the car, as the more improvements you make the more you want to make even more and better improvements - it is a disease/addiction commonly refered to as, Opelitist, for which there is no cure. Even when you think that you are done with your project, well, you just never will be, hence my name - Will I. Finish. Should you choose to accept this challange, then welcome aboard. This forum is loaded with knowledgeable people willing to help you figure it out. Good Luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hahahahaha! While Opelitist sounds equally as financially devastating and addictive as many opioid drugs, I am very down for the challenge and experience. I'll keep you updated on my search and thank you for the message!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts