Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My name is Mr. D and I'm looking to purchase either a 1968/1969 Opel Rallye Kadett. It has to be street ready and preferably redish orange with the black trim. This is hard to find so I'm reaching out to anyone who may have one for sale or who can put me in the right direction to find one.

Thanks,

Mr. D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I talked with you already, but I have a 69 Rallye that is rust free, but a full project. I just sold a fully restored 68 Red Rallye that was at Charlotte and Tennessee Nationals. They don’t come up too often.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW..that one you just sold sounded perfect.! Too late I guess but if you come across another one like it please contact me. Thanks!

·
1,681 Posts
Hi Tom,

I'm very interested. Do you have any pics?

Mr. D
This is a photo taken at the 2019 Route 66 Mother Road Fest in Springfield IL. Tom's Kadett is in the middle of the photo. If it is in your price range I would suggest you jump on this. Tom's work is of the highest quality.
20190928_094914.jpg

·
1,681 Posts
I might add if you go into forums and look up the thread on the 2019 Mother Road event there are some better photos of Tom's Kadett. If I thought I could swing it I would love to buy it myself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I might add if you go into forums and look up the thread on the 2019 Mother Road event there are some better photos of Tom's Kadett. If I thought I could swing it I would love to buy it myself.
Thanks Opel John. I have reached out to him f

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NO you havent reached out to me as I asked.if you are serious send me an email as I asked and I will show you what I have.
Sorry Tom, not sure what you would like me to say. I am looking for a 68 rallye and apparently you have one that you are considering selling. If that is true can you sent a pic and tell me about it as well as what you may be looking to get for it.

·
Opel Key Master
4,952 Posts
Mr. D, I am going to assume that you are not super hip on Internet forum knowledge, but it appears that Tom would like to talk to you personally about the purchase of his car. He has posted his email address for you to contact him. First off if I was a player on his car, I know how hard it is to find a Rallye all ready to go, so personally I wouldn’t want anybody knowing what I am willing to pay or feel I have to compete with others for the car. He may want a premium for the car, and doesn’t really want people knowing what he sold his stuff for. It’s common courtesy to work deals off the forum, or private messages. We don’t need to see the negotiations between you two, or really care to. Now obviously you know how email works, or you wouldn’t have gotten this far on signing up for this forum. So email him directly, because the way it stands now, it looks like you are playing games. If you want a decent car, I’d be doing what I can to get some figures

1 - 20 of 25 Posts