Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a Kadett Rallye for sale? I was following the one that just ended on Ebay, but I'm looking for a cleaner one. I know there aren't many left, but there's got to be one somewhere.....

Rick
Houston, Tx

67 Caravan

·
Opeler
13 Posts
Kadett Rallye

The one on Ebay was the first one I've seen in a long time (although I don't know how many might be available on the west coast). And I don't think you're going to find anything cleaner than that one was. It was a four day struggle for me not to buy it.

·
tomking
2,484 Posts
I agree, that rallye looked pretty good. And I too struggled to not bid on it as I had one in college and would still like to have one. Plus I had friends just 30 miles away that could have helped with it. I sent my congratulations to the winner.

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,484 Posts
That Rallye Kadett wasn't nearly as "clean" as it looked in pictures or the description made it sound. The car was for sale at the Carlisle show for a couple of years and I looked at it very closely as I was thinking of buying it. He originally wanted $5,500 for it. The rocker panels were completely rotted and he made sheet metal patches to cover them. The old rockers were not cut out but, rather covered with the new sheet metal. When you opened the doors you could see where he just folded the metal into the door jambs and pop riveted it to the car. A little black paint and it was done. The rear of the car was not square. You had to look at it a bit to see it but, the car must have been hit in the rear at some point and not repaired correctly. There was even a paint blend line on the roof above the rear window. The fenders were re-sprayed too. I really hope the seller disclosed these thing to the buyer in an email during the auction since the description didn't mention any of it. Otherwise, the buyer is going to be awfully disappointed when he actually gets the car. The car really did look great from 10 feet away, it's just when you really started looking at it closely that all of these things started showing. The car did have good originality though as it was all stock and mostly original paint.

Duane

·
Opeler
13 Posts
Kadett Rallye

Thanks for the information Duane...you have made me feel MUCH better about not buying it. I had sent the seller an email with some questions about the condition of the car. He answered some of them, but avoided the ones where I asked about "usual Kadett rust spots" and any body work that he had done. That definitely concerned me. But ultimately, if I was going to buy it, I would have posted a question here to see if anyone knew any more about the car. Nice to know the information would have been readily available. Thanks again.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Curiosity . . .

belltaine said:
Thanks for the information Duane...you have made me feel MUCH better about not buying it. I had sent the seller an email with some questions about the condition of the car. He answered some of them, but avoided the ones where I asked about "usual Kadett rust spots" and any body work that he had done. That definitely concerned me. But ultimately, if I was going to buy it, I would have posted a question here to see if anyone knew any more about the car. Nice to know the information would have been readily available. Thanks again.

Jeff
Just curious, did seller belong to this group? Most people here are very honest and straightforward about giving accurate descriptions of items they're selling, even when they are "going elsewhere" . . . selling off their remaining Opel bits and pieces. :)

Usually serves as a pretty accurate initial measuring stick as to what you might be dealing with. Same can't really be said for many "outsiders" . . . at least not with the same amount of assurance. :(

·
tomking
2,484 Posts
Interesting! I too sent an inquiry to the seller and he did not answer mine at all. My questions to went to condition.

·
Registered
1 Posts
we have one

hello, we have one for sale here in Burlingame CA
not perfect , but running good - silver/black
[email protected]

Does anyone know of a Kadett Rallye for sale? I was following the one that just ended on Ebay, but I'm looking for a cleaner one. I know there aren't many left, but there's got to be one somewhere.....

Rick
Houston, Tx

67 Caravan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts