Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Opeler
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I wasn't looking to get it back. Just curious if there was a one chance in a million that one of ya'll had seen it and or knew if someone had scavenged parts from it. Yes I know there is the likely hood it got crushed, but hey, you just never know, do you? This was my 73 that I owned way back in 86-87. I have never owned another car that was as much fun to drive, or that handled as well, or had the same top end. I was just reminiscing a little.:(

·
Opeler
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I was in it when this occured. Was travelling one way down a five lane street, you know, 2 lanes going one way 2 going the other and the center is a turning lane, anyway there was a 93 year old traveling the other way and makeing a left turn at an intersection and drove right in to the side of me. I was travelling aprox. 35mph, it spun me side ways and into the corner curb which caused the car to launch into some power and light poles on the corner. or so the eyewitness accounts said. I still sufer aches and pains from it. He is just lucky I was severely injured or I would have killed him on the spot. All he could stand there and say, as they were trying to extract me from my car, was "look at my bumper, it's all bent up." Man I wanted to crawl out and twist the life out of his neck. What can I say though, I have a very hard head, took the windshield out on the initial impact. Small cars never stand a chance against old people in their battle cruisers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts