Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'll start by introducing myself, I am a former GT owner though I never drove my car once when I owned it. I had bought it almost completely taken apart and never got it back together before I decided to sell it since I didn't have time while in school across the state. So now that school is done and I have started working in the real world I am looking for a solid body GT. I will be unable to do a full restoration for atleast a year or two since my fiance and I are renting a condo to avoid the major financial commitment of a mortgage payment for the first few years of marriage and well it does not have a garage for me or my tools. So if anyone knows of a decent body and preferably running (no problem if it needs a solid tune up and some small work but something that doesn't need a full rebuild for about 2 summers would be great) GT in a decent price range in the Michigan area I would be intersted in hearing about it. I have been in love with the style of the GT's since I owned my first one about 3 years ago and am finally back to a financial position that I can start looking for a decent one that will be my first automotive project and investment (or money pit, how ever you want to look at it). Thanx for any info over the next few months to a year until I hopefully find my second GT.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Welcome to the site Jorgen. You may want to check the classifed ads here on the site, or e-bay, there's usually a few on both in various shapes. Also you may want to check out the search feature on the site, to be able to find any problem you may encounter with your GT after you get it. This site has the most knowledgeable membership on anything Opel. And there are a few parts suppliers that are dedicated to maintaining them. Again just check out the search feature. Be warned, howevr, you may become a victim of Opelitis, a malady that some of us have been afflicted with. What happens is, once you get one, they start muliplying like rabbits, and there is no known cure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1970 opel gt

hi all,i have a 1970 opel GT white,decent shape,its been garage kept till last year,it was in a great running condition till the acceleration pump started to leak i took it out to replace and never did till now,i am running out space and need it gone $900 i,ll send pics to whom ever interested ,i am in dearborn heights Mich thnx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts