Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All;
I am looking for a complete rear axle assembly in the New jersey area. I currently have a 1972 GT However when I took it for my maiden voyage the rear Seized up found some metal filings in rear after I open it up to see what was wrong. after it was towed back and car cooled The wheels rotated. I am now assuming that one of the bearings seized up. Please advise

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi All;
I am looking for a complete rear axle assembly in the New jersey area. I currently have a 1972 GT However when I took it for my maiden voyage the rear Seized up found some metal filings in rear after I open it up to see what was wrong. after it was towed back and car cooled The wheels rotated. I am now assuming that one of the bearings seized up. Please advise
Hey

I don't have any lead on the axle... but I'm sure some of the other Jersey guys might have some the of advice.. I live up in North Jersey.. where are you?

Matt

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,528 Posts
Where are you? I'm in Collingswood.

There are very very few parts cars in anyone's possession here in Jersey. In Pennsy there are a lot more. A member not too far into PA named John Grosh has a barn loft full of spare parts, he might have a rear. There's a junker car just 2 miles from my house in lovely Camden that I'm allowed to strip all the parts I want off of. Pretty funky situation, that one.

Private Message me with your phone number and we'll talk.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
FYI for those who didn't look at the axle in the original eBay auction above, the seller's store has more Opel parts including a giclee art work from Overstock dot com (Hans Rudi Erdt 'Opel' Canvas Art - Overstock Shopping - Top Rated Trademark Fine Art Canvas). The Overstock listing has 3 different size starting at $52 not just $122 for the largest. It's a little different type of an ad, and kind of interesting (to me at least). Might be of interest to an ad collector, etc. There is also a distributor for $20 "from a running engine". Don't want to highjack the thread - bye now!

Doug

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,528 Posts
I just met an Opeler who works at the body shop in Lawnside NJ that does my stuff.

He says he has a parts car with a useable rear.

Matt, he says he has a windshield also.

:veryhappy

·
Registered
515 Posts
Where are you? I'm in Collingswood.

There are very very few parts cars in anyone's possession here in Jersey. In Pennsy there are a lot more. A member not too far into PA named John Grosh has a barn loft full of spare parts, he might have a rear. There's a junker car just 2 miles from my house in lovely Camden that I'm allowed to strip all the parts I want off of. Pretty funky situation, that one.

Private Message me with your phone number and we'll talk.
Gordo, did gtopelace ever get back with you with his number? I've been trying to contact him.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,528 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have his number in my landline at home. When I get home I'll check and send it to you in a PM. Clean out your box!

:veryhappy

·
Opeler
719 Posts
Gordo, did gtopelace ever get back with you with his number? I've been trying to contact him.
James, I sent him a PM a month ago and never heard any thing back either...

George? :dunno:

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
nope. he thinks I am him.

and Pinballace. dont involve Gordo in our Drama. he hates drama and doesnt deserve to be used for contact info.

David, the auto I almost bought from you was for a trade for the Getrag.

·
Opeler
719 Posts

and Pinballace. dont involve Gordo in our Drama. he hates drama and doesnt deserve to be used for contact info.

Ah, the plot thickens.... :lmao:

Damn you Mr. Frozen, I'm on Gills call list for the Getrags whenever he gets them ready. Last time I talked to him about a month ago he said the container was in and they are going through them now.... The list is like a million trillion names long. I'm hoping to get a call soon so it can be for Carlisle.

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
Ah, the plot thickens.... :lmao:

Damn you Mr. Frozen, I'm on Gills call list for the Getrags whenever he gets them ready. Last time I talked to him about a month ago he said the container was in and they are going through them now.... The list is like a million trillion names long. I'm hoping to get a call soon so it can be for Carlisle.
I didnt know you were looking for one, I probably would have let you take it. He would have traded you for your auto.

I already have one but couldn't pass it up. rebuilt Getrag for a sweet inexpensive trade.

let me know if you make the list.

And Pinballace. drop this fiasco. lets bury the hatchet and just ignore each other please. the forum doesnt deserve it. right now is a delicate time and the natives are growing restless. Im passing the peace pipe to you. and here is a receipt to prove im not him so you can put that to rest sooner than later. and get the peace wagon rolling that much faster.

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
I didnt know you were looking for one, I probably would have let you take it. He would have traded you for your auto.

I already have one but couldn't pass it up. rebuilt Getrag for a sweet inexpensive trade.

And Pinballace. drop this fiasco. lets bury the hatchet and just ignore each other please. the forum doesnt deserve it. right now is a delicate time and the natives are growing restless. Im passing the peace pipe to you. and here is a receipt to prove im not him so you can put that to rest sooner than later. and get the peace wagon rolling that much faster.
Tell you what, give me his contact info and I'll go away. I've been trying to contact him for three weeks. Until then let me try to contact him and quit being paranoid. It's not always about you. I told you, apologize for all the crap you started with me and if it's sincere I'll move on but your constant baiting, trolling and innuendo's will keep this going. But when we look at your history we see the pattern is all you when it comes to conflict.

·
Registered
515 Posts

I am clueless, what does that receipt have to do with me trying to contact him and how does that prove you're not him? You've been hitting that pipe a bit hard there scooter. Can anyone else put that together?

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
CHill out man. In other thread you suggested I am him. Why would I have a receipt from shipping getrag from jersey?

You reached out to him. Just wait. I'm not gonna give out someone's phone number or email to someone who isn't getting a response themselves.

·
Registered
515 Posts

The only one involving Gordo is you. Like I said, I've been trying to contact this guy for three weeks. I can post copies of all the messages I sent him to prove it. I make one little quip in a PM and you think it's all about you. Chill dude back off and leave Gordo out of it.

Gordo, sorry FT wants to continue to drag his drama onto the forum again. My inbox is full because I've taken our drama to the PM. Guess when it gets full FT can't take it and decides it's time to take it public again. I really would like to contact the guy about some other parts he had listed. I had already told him I didn't need the Getrag as I'm on the list for two of then from Gil.

·
Registered
515 Posts
CHill out man. In other thread you suggested I am him. Why would I have a receipt from shipping getrag from jersey?

You reached out to him. Just wait. I'm not gonna give out someone's phone number or email to someone who isn't getting a response themselves.
Really? You suggest how many people are George? Get over yourself. You have my number (I just PM'd it), just get in touch with him and give him my number and I'll be happy. How's that?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts