Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone out there knows a source for a decent tire in either a 195/70-13 or 215/60-13. I'm not looking for a performance tire, but don't want junk either. So far, my searches have turned up nothing. Years ago I had used the Pirelli CN36 and the Goodyear NCT's in a 215/60-13 size, as well as the Vredestein Sprint+ in the 195/70-13. I'm building a pickup truck out of my 1975 Wagon, and have some 7" widened stock rims to use on it, but don't want a 'shorty' 13" tire. I just want a decent all-season tire with respectable grip. Thanks to all.

Bob Legere

·
Super Moderator
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan, I knew about those already, but they're very soft. Rally tires only are good for a few stages, maybe an entire event and that's it. So I suspect they'd only go about 2500-3000 miles of street driving. Think snow tires with very soft tread and triple thickness sidewalls that can hit just about anything, that's a decent description of a rally tire! I've only found one tire in a 195/70-13 so far, a Uniroyal. No luck on the 215/60-13's by any US manufacturer, I may have to go to Europe for a set of those. Oh well.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
one more size

I'm not sure if they would work for you or not, but a set of 205/60 13's on my 2" widwned stock rims really looks and works great. There are a few more options in that size including Dunlop GT Qualifiers for $44 each at tirerack.com.

They also have some BFG's in a 215/50 13 that are good all around tires.

Both of those are probably a tad smaller than you were looking for, but no luck here with the sizes you were look for.

·
Super Moderator
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all of you who made recommendations and helped with my search for tires. I've since found a few sources of 195/70-13 tires (mostly Cooper and General), so my search is basically done unless someone comes up with a 215/60-13 tire (wishful thinking!).

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts