Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my windows are both loose. Meaning, that I roll them up, push them back into the back of the track, roll it up, push it back, etc... about 3 - 4 times before it gets totally up. Pain in the you know what.

I took my right door panel off and the cable is REALLLLY loose. If I tighten this up, will this fix the problem or is there something else I need to look at?

Secondly, my passenger side door handle is missing the nut to hold it in. What size will fit that?

Lastly, how to you take the entire door handle off so that when I am ready to have it re-chromed, I can take it off?

Thanks in advance guys and gals!!!!!

Oh, and Gene too. :D

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
For your first question look at the guide rails that position the window. They have 4 10 mm bolts 2 on the top and bottom to adjust it.

The answer to you second question it tighten it up anyway but it won't affect the back and forth movement of the glass.

Lastly the ouside door handles have a 10 mm bolt and nut. Bolt goes through the latch side of the door and the nut can be removed from inside the door, it attaches the hooped end to the door.

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm. Ok, so what do I need to look for on the guide rails and what do I need to do to adjust them?

Thanks alot so far.... :)

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ok, I see the 10mm at the top of the sill and the two on either side of the track. When I roll the window up part way and wiggle it, I see that the entire holder wobbles on the track and no matter what I do to the 10mm bolts, it still wobbles.

CRAP!!! Do I need all new window assemblys?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts