Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi all, first post. Love the site in every way.
Was wondering if there are any Opelers in Santa Clarita, CA or Northern Los Angeles county.
Chris
Manta Mania
E903B0EF-F398-4E15-AB7C-F20E5B59A9F0.jpeg

·
Pedal Smasher
1,993 Posts
There are a lot of Opels in SoCal. Opel GT Source is in SoCal and I know there are many members on here from there. Beautiful Manta you got there.

·
Registered
678 Posts
There are a lot of Opels in SoCal. Opel GT Source is in SoCal and I know there are many members on here from there. Beautiful Manta you got there.
Gil used to be in the LA area. I went to many great OMC picnics back then. I’m not sure if the picnics are still going on but Gil relocated up near San Francisco a while back.

Opels Unlimited is located in So Cal close to Riverside, they hold an annual picnic in June.

Unfortunately since I stopped my subscription to OMC years ago I’m out of touch there, that might be a good place to start?
Good idea starting a group. I’ll keep an eye on this post. I miss the picnics “back in the day” they were a lot of fun, Lord knows we have the good weather down here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gil used to be in the LA area. I went to many great OMC picnics back then. I’m not sure if the picnics are still going on but Gil relocated up near San Francisco a while back.

Opels Unlimited is located in So Cal close to Riverside, they hold an annual picnic in June.

Unfortunately since I stopped my subscription to OMC years ago I’m out of touch there, that might be a good place to start?
Good idea starting a group. I’ll keep an eye on this post. I miss the picnics “back in the day” they were a lot of fun, Lord knows we have the good weather down here.
Thanks for the kudos, it came out nice. I’m pretty happy with it.
I know Gil was down here and I’ve been to Tuolumne a few years ago. I haven’t been able to make O U picnic yet. Always out of town.
I really don’t any Opel driving around down here or at shows. I wouldn’t mind being a part of some club if there was enough interest.
Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I live in Camarillo ,my car will not be running for at least a year...I work on it every day and I still have a long ways to go...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I, like Joel (jrapose), also live in Camarillo. I saw your car at that car show in Simi Valley back in October! In fact I have a shirt from that with your Manta on it :) Beautiful car. Yours was the second and only other Manta I've seen in person so far, other than mine. I'm hoping to park next to yours at this year's show ;)
Are you planning on coming to the 50th Anniversary Manta road trip this April/May?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey DO, first I heard of it. Where is more info?
Nice shirt!!!
There isn't a ton of information yet. We should be hearing more about it soon.
From what I have learned - Gil is hosting a road trip in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Manta from Santa Monica to just north of San Francisco (Santa Rosa-ish area). Dates are TBA, but it will be toward the end of April and beginning of May.

Here's some info from the OMC "Blitz" article:
"Gil has been working this one up for a while. The date will be in the spring of 2020, roughly the same time of year as the 50GT event in 2018. The event itself will be a tour of the Pacific Coast, starting in Santa Monica and ending in the Santa Rosa area, near where the 2015 Nationals were held. Along the way we'll stop to take in the sights, and even take an extra day in San Francisco to give people a chance to explore this fantastic city. It's shaping up to be a very nice, relaxed, and memorable event."

"Gil's idea for this event is not so much to make it a big one, but rather a nice, relaxed, even mellow one. His goal is to get people together for a nice couple of days on the road in our cars. Some people might just do the beginning section, others the latter, and that is fine. Feel free to make it an event that suits your tastes. Go off-route, take an extra day to sight see or just lay on the beach, the rejoin us later. It's that kind of event."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts