Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to install the California front spoiler. Do I need to remove the "Fangs" plate holders? And if so, do I just cut them off or are they bolted on someway that I havent seen yet?

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
plate holder

Thom;
That bracket is bolted on there, there are a couple of bolts down inside the nose, follow the bracket behind the grill, and you'll find them.
Gene

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gene,

As always, your vast ocean of knowledge has helped me again. THANKS!!!! :D

BTW, if NOT this weekend, it'll have to be the 3rd of July or the weekend after for us to go get your frontend.

·
Super Moderator
5,928 Posts
BQS4 said:
Thom;
That bracket is bolted on there, there are a couple of bolts down inside the nose, follow the bracket behind the grill, and you'll find them.
Gene
Ah, Gene, you must be thinking of your Ascona:)

Actually, the brackets for the front license plate are welded to the support bar behind the bumper. So you either grind each of them off at the weld (not a big job once you have removed the front bumper, which you probably want to do before you install the spoiler), or just live with the fangs!

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
fangs

Keith;
I knew what I was talking about, as I helped him get his kit shipped in and had discussed him doing a different spoiler. I didn't want him cutting/grinding off the plate tabs, as someone might need one intact, so I told him to just unbolt the whole thing.
Gene

1 - 6 of 6 Posts