Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Opeler
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my gt had low oil pressure so i took off the oil pump cover on the bottem of the front timing case. and took it to a machined surface that is smooth and used 320 grit wet/dry sand paper with water and sanded the plate untill the surface was smooth again with no marks from the gears wearing on it. when sanding you are soposed to make a figure eight pattern to avoid sandind more in one section. also you could bring it to a machine shop and have them machine the surface again. i put it back together with a new gasket. make sure you use the right gasket because the gasket thickness makes a difference in you pressure. also lube the gears and plate with assembly lube to avoid scraching the surface on the plate. now my oil pressure is back to were it should be. good luck!

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
Another way to inprove the oil pressure that can be done when you are rebuilding the motor is to make sure that the oil holes line up between the timing cover and the block, some of them can be off by 40%, also try to remove any casting marks from those holes.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts