Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Riding Low
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well thought you guys would like this one,,,on friday i was at work and thinking all day of how my project gts were going to come along,,,if you have seen my 70 gt in the members pics you would know what i was thinking about,,,well was going to buy a good bodied car,,,or dump the whole opel "thing" ,,but i told my self to wait for a sign,,,i got home from work and an opel t-shirt that i ordered monthes ago showed up???? well, today i desided to wear it,,,i was out working on my bug and the old man from across the way came over and we started talking,,,he asked if i was into opel gts,,i said,"yep" he said, i worked on gts for about 15 years,,,he thought that every one forgot about those cool little cars,,,,then he said, i got 3 gts in my garage you want them,,,so i went for a look,,,,asked how much for them and he said,if you help me clean out the garage and get red of the junk you can have them,,,,how cool is that!!!! one has a sunroof and a hood scoop and is"souped up" the other is in virgin bliss,,the other is for parts "crap" ,,like the gt i have,,,,so it looks like i have been sucked into the "blitz",,,, and going to be a lifetime opeler after all,,,i will post pics when we go to clean it out,,,,,:D

·
Riding Low
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that is why i also brought up the idea,,,that opel gt.com stickers for the cars is a good idea,,,"not to put stickers all over our cool vintage cars but for our race cars and the wifes honda"

·
Opeler
38 Posts
LOVIN IT!

You got to love it!!! I would say that is about the best sign you can get. You have fun with all those Opels Raven and if you happen to have some good crome you might want to sell give me a holler. I could use some for the quarter windows. :D

·
Riding Low
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, any extra stuff i find i will post in the classifieds,,,not no evilbay,,,

·
Riding Low
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
opel weeked

well this the weekend i get the 3 gts,,,,i cant wait...sat. cant come any sooner....it going to be 70 all weekend,,,and a lot of sorting and planing,,and getting things to roll,,like anyone who has got any car that has been setting for 17 years,,,just wish me luck,,,,will post after this sun.;)

·
Registered
521 Posts
And I thought I was lucky

And I thought I was lucky. I had a similair experiance... I was wondering thru classified ads on OMC's msg board and found a plea for help. I answered and the woman that needed help said I could have the GT if I came down to pick it up.

I had a U-Haul dolly set up the next day!

It was covered in moss and dirt...I took it home to wash and discovered it had new paint! (7 years ago) it also started after I dropped a new starter into it.

The picture I have uploaded under "notavette" is THAT GT. (minus the wheels and flares) I've done nothing to the paint. That's how it looked after I washed it. It will be black when I'm done.

I hope all 3 are cherries for ya man!

-Kyle
"notavette" <----- pet peeve is "it's a mini vette", "poor man's vette" etc etc...The Vette is the one that looks like the Opel!!!

·
Riding Low
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
opel luck

well,,,after a long day of pulling cars with flat tires,locked brakes,and a garage that leeked on one side i think every thing went pretty good,,,pulled the first on out, it has had alot of back yard custom work done to it(in primer and bondo),,,pulled the secound one and its cherry(fire red),,,no.3 is real great in the inside as far as rust,,none,,,except on the top where the water leeked on it,,,and low and behold the day got better,,,under a pile of cans(neatly put is shop-n-save plastic bags) is a real nice power blue one with a rusty hood,,,the guy forgot that he even had it,,,,well got 4 gts and he had all the keys and good titles,,,now comes the hard part,,picking the ones i'm going to keep,,,,,thare is alot of parts to go thru tommarrow and try to keep the city off my back this week for having 4 gts in my front yard :D i will post pics this week and let every one know what kind of parts i got to spread the the opel world,,,,,,:D

·
Driver
987 Posts
Man, this guy didn't like the rear quarter windows huh? I see in the pix two of the car's had them removed and smoothed over. Looks really different!:)

·
Riding Low
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
opel luck

the guy said that he was going to make the 69 a targa,,,,,

·
Riding Low
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
opel luck

well after selling the 69 to a guy at work,,,parting out the 71,,(a whole shed full of parts) and realizing that the 72 had to bad of an engine fire,,,(to be parted out) the city had sent out an inspector, that taged the 70 in the back with a cover,and the other on the side of the house,,,(3 day notice of tow-after that a $500.00 fine)i knew that the city would do it too..i just got the 70 over to the garage and the other also,,,now it time for the fun to start,,,brakes,,,electric and cleaning,,,,will post the pics of the 70 when i start doing to deed,,,,O i am still going to do the opelgt.com stickers,,, i have a little more time on my hands(things have slowed down at work):D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts