Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are getting closer to the *big* upgrade to the new forum program.

I almost pulled the switch on Friday, but by the time I exported/created a new database/imported/uploaded/ran the 50 plus upgrade steps, we had several new members and a dozen or so posts...... So the board will be closed for several hours when I do the "real" upgrade. (Possibly Wednesday, most likely Friday night) I will give notice before the outage occurs.

Anyway... the trial went well. We will lose some of the minor features until they can be ported over. The Photo Gallery, Opel Parts Review, and Ad Board will not be affected. There will be a host of new features being added including a page where members can add info and a pic of their Opel.

gary

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Gary;
Are you saying that when you give the "word" that this is gonna happen, they we not use the site till it's in place?

·
Super Moderator
5,927 Posts
Sounds good Gary. I am looking forward to the "new" site when I get back next week. I am off for the next 7 days to Banff (Sunshine Ski Village and Lake Louise Ski Resort), to go skiing with my family. Just me and big brothers for the next three days, and then Myrna and the girls, as well as Mom, my sister and her boys, and the extended family ski until next Sunday. No computers up there, so I won't be tempted to "moderate" in the middle of the cut-over.

Until next week...

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BQS4 said:
Gary;
Are you saying that when you give the "word" that this is gonna happen, they we not use the site till it's in place?
Once all the pieces are in place and I have some uninterupted time, I will "Shutdown" the forums for maintenance so no one will be able to add more posts. Hopefully, it will go smoothly and we will be back up in a couple of hours.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Gary,

FYI

The redirection method is currently not working. I had to click on the link to get to this web sit.

New updates look great

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts