Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many are left? I know of 1 that was sent to the wrecker, 1 thats in a barn rotting... and there's Mike (no clue how many he has left)

·
Super Moderator
5,947 Posts
how many are left? I know of 1 that was sent to the wrecker, 1 thats in a barn rotting... and there's Mike (no clue how many he has left)
Way back in the mid-80's when I left MB for greener pastures out west, and took my Opel GT with me, we had a group of about 6 Opel GT owners in Winnipeg.

Since then, the only one I know who was still an owner until a few years ago was Richard Buhler in North Kildonan. Richard had helped clean out the garages of an octogenarian Opel hoarder who had twelve (12!) Opels. He had GT's, Manta's, Kadett's, even a Rekord. Richard ended up with four or five of the GT's, sold a few, junked a couple, and restored one to a very high result.

Richard sold that in 2017, and I bought his entire parts hoard (see the trend) and brought it all to Calgary.

I'll ask Richard to "pop in" to read this thread and let you know if he keeps in touch with other Manitoba Opel'ers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts