Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
The guy keeps posting multiple listings on Craigslist. He actually has both a Manta and a GT. $6k for both, $3k each.

·
Opeler
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The guy keeps posting multiple listings on Craigslist. He actually has both a Manta and a GT. $6k for both, $3k each.
Yes, I saw that yesterday. No pic of the GT, though. I did email him about the Manta, and I got no reply.

·
Vendor
3,053 Posts
Now on BAT, with a lot of pics. I'm curious to see where this auction lands, since this is definitely still a project.
It's been a while since a Manta has been listed on that site.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I wonder why he removed his CL posting and put it on bat?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
ah ok so there taken the chance they will fair better on bat. He'll kick himself in the butt if the final bid isn't what the best offer he already got was. LOL
I guess it's all a gamble either way

Reactions: JudokaJohn

·
Vendor
3,053 Posts
ah ok so there taken the chance they will fair better on bat. He'll kick himself in the butt if the final bid isn't what the best offer he already got was. LOL
I guess it's all a gamble either way
SOLD FOR $850 ON 9/6/21 The seller may very well be kicking himself, although it seems like a fair price. Perhaps the least expensive car ever sold on the BAT site? I don't remember many <$1K vehicle-even projects like this one.

·
Opeler
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw the listing, I didn't realize it was the same car. Maybe he couldn't sell it because he wouldn't answer his email!! I was really tempted to bid, but it's too far to go.

This is why no reserve auctions are not a good idea (at least for project cars).

·
Detritus Maximus
2,993 Posts
I saw the listing, I didn't realize it was the same car. Maybe he couldn't sell it because he wouldn't answer his email!! I was really tempted to bid, but it's too far to go.

This is why no reserve auctions are not a good idea (at least for project cars).
If you want a Manta....I know of one that may soon be available!....not mine...

·
Opeler
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I assume he didn't get any offers on CL that were close to his original ask. He still may not see $2900 on BAT, but I bet he will get >$1200. In any case, he will end up moving the car, since the auction is no reserve.
I remember one of his posts he was asking $3900 (w/o engine, I think). I think that might have been fair, if the body is as good as it looks. However, on the CL listing, he had only 1 pic and was trying to sell about 12 cars. He should have taken the time to list each individually.

·
Vendor
3,053 Posts
I remember one of his posts he was asking $3900 (w/o engine, I think). I think that might have been fair, if the body is as good as it looks. However, on the CL listing, he had only 1 pic and was trying to sell about 12 cars. He should have taken the time to list each individually.
That's what I like about the BAT auctions. They are almost "self-policing". The comments section is very active, with a lot of input from knowledgeable people. In this auction, the seller eventually disclosed some frame rail rust, which definitely effected the final bidding.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts