Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for anyone interested in getting Manta Seat Covers. Currently I have a set of loaner seat covers that are in really good shape to use as a pattern. If I don't get any orders I will send back the covers, and lose the ability to create a pattern for future use by all Opel Manta owners.

In a Leather "type" material - $1200 for the whole set
front and back.

Front seats only - $600
Rear only - $600

The material is really durable and soft.. good looking stuff.

For a complete set of the front and rear seats in
vinyl or fabric - $950

Front only - $450
Rear only - $500

The covers would be the same as the 71-73 Rallye models, with a bucket design, with side bolsters. They should fit 74-75 seat frames as well, and Ascona seats as well (Exception would be the station wagon, but if you send me the old seat covers I can get them done for the same cost as the Manta).

If you want the 74-75 style, I will need your covers off your car to reproduce them. Price on the 74-75 models maybe a bit cheaper, since the pattern is less complicated. No guarntee though until I get a set to show him so I can get a quote.

The guy does really good work. He did the dash and arm rests in my Bitter, and has painted 3 cars for me. His work is top notch at a more than fair price.

Anyone interested?

Charles

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
GoinManta said:
For a complete set of the front and rear seats in
vinyl or fabric - $950

Front only - $450
Rear only - $450

Anyone interested?

Charles
If I order a front set and then a rear set I save 50$ over ordering a complete set. Whats up? :rolleyes:

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jlthunder said:
If I order a front set and then a rear set I save 50$ over ordering a complete set. Whats up? :rolleyes:

Thanks.. typo. Supposed to be $500 for the rear. Uses more material than the front seats.

Charles

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I can gather from the defeaning silence no one is interested..?

·
530 Posts
Hi Charles,
Would these covers have the factory stock type "basketweave" vinyl inserts with the smooth vinyl around the edges? Would they have the factory type piping around the edges as well? Would they be available in a 1973 tan or just the rallye black?
Thanks,
Jeff W
'73 Manta

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyway you want them..

The "corinthian leather ;)" styles dont have the basket weave, but a pattern with tiny holes in them that looks close.

Overall though you can have it in any color and any style of vynil. We did find some vynil that had a close to the Opel pattern for the center.

The overall design though is the center insert with the smooth bolsters on the sides. Similar to GT seats. Not the flat one one piece looks with pleates seen in the base models and 74-75 models.

I am hoping to get at least one order so that I can have a pattern to do others from in the future. The seat covers I have now are borrowed and if I dont get any orders I will have to return them soon.

Charles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts