Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Search friendly post copied from another thread.

I have done solid metal mountings, as well as urethane mountings here. Chevy pickup truck leaf spring bushings work great! Just shorten them up a bit, and the bushing ID fits perfectly. It also uses 9/16" sleeves, which work fine with the 14 mm Opel bolt, or you can upgrade to a new 9/16" bolt.

Replace both Manta/Ascona rubber rear suspension mount bushings with polyurethane bushings for 1/4 the cost of one rubber replacement bushing. All that is needed is to shorten them up a bit as Bob mentioned above.

Item: Energy Suspension Rear Frame Shackle Eye Bushings - 1 1/2 inch Eye. Part no. 3.2124.

Available Here for $14.99 for a set of two.

·
Super Moderator
9,754 Posts

Replace both Manta/Ascona rubber rear suspension mount bushings with polyurethane bushings for 1/4 the cost of one rubber replacement bushing. All that is needed is to shorten them up a bit as Bob mentioned above.

Item: Energy Suspension Rear Frame Shackle Eye Bushings - 1 1/2 inch Eye. Part no. 3.2124.

Gary;
I did this when I rebuilt the front end on my 75 Sportwagon, along with RallyBob's gusset kit, and Gil's poly bushing kit (now on sale for Christmas) and the results are amazing.

·
Administrator
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gary;
I did this when I rebuilt the front end on my 75 Sportwagon, along with RallyBob's gusset kit, and Gil's poly bushing kit (now on sale for Christmas) and the results are amazing.
Tough decision... An upgrade for $14.99 or ~$120 for stock replacements? What to do, what to do...

·
Administrator
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Installed them today. Just cut 10mm off the bushing's small diameter and trim the inner sleeve.

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm curious where the copied and quoted @RallyBob post came from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts