Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,018 Posts
This ad is BS, it is supposed the last of 27 Manta i300 ever built, the seller is describing the car as "authentic and all original", but then posts a picture of the 3.0-24V engine when the i300's had a 3.0-12V. The 24V was introduced a few years later.

55,000 Euro for a questionable car ...

Dieter

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
This ad is BS, it is supposed the last of 27 Manta i300 ever built, the seller is describing the car as "authentic and all original", but then posts a picture of the 3.0-24V engine when the i300's had a 3.0-12V. The 24V was introduced a few years later.

55,000 Euro for a questionable car ...

Dieter
It is a nice looking car, but Dieter is "the man" on these types of things. I'd definitely trust his word. Jarrell:yup:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely not all original but interesting car none the less. One could argue modifications are upgrades but that is subjective. I dare say a factory standard spec i300 would be vastly more desirable.

·
boomerang opeler
5,626 Posts
The Photos even say it was origanally a 1.3 Litre if my guess work German is right.

·
Registered
648 Posts
An i300 is an Irmscher special model based on the Manta 400, but with a 30E six cylinder engine instead of the original 24E 16V four. Its predecessor was the six cylinder i2800 with a fuel injected 2,8 liter Commodore engine. The engine was equipped with a Pierburg FI instead of the D-Jetronic that was originally used in the Commodore.
https://www.irmscher-2800.de/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts