Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
1996 Opel Calibra
7,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have been following the thread you know I have been developing a kit to repair the battery box and firewall of the Manta/Ascona/1900.

I would like an accurate count of who many would buy the kit at $75 each. It will dictate how many I make in the first run.

Also, weither designing something like this for the jackpoint, floorboard area would be interest in as well.

·
1996 Opel Calibra
7,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For whomever posted Yes - Other.. what is the other?

·
Super Moderator
6,533 Posts
Sorry Charles, I had to vote in order to view the results, and since I have already bought the prototype from you, I had to vote "No". Thanks for getting this done, and I look forward to being the guinea pig. I think I might start the photo session tomorrow with shots of the "before". And maybe sort some of the wiring out while I am at it.
I looked in on the vote results (by clicking on the "number" of votes in the poll) and rallye73 voted "other". And for every other piece as well. He must live in the rust belt!

·
147 Posts
kwilford said:
I looked in on the vote results (by clicking on the "number" of votes in the poll) and rallye73 voted "other". And for every other piece as well. He must live in the rust belt!
*In his best impression of "The Godfather"* I smell a rat... someones going to be sleepin' with the fishes... :D

Actually I just took a long, hard (read realistic) look at my manta. Not alot of rust - just the typical places - but quite a bit of body damage. No matter how much I want my 73 to be perfect, it never will be. But what it can do is help my hone my skills. So I will improve my welding, body work, electrical, etc. and make it a realiable daily driver while I look for a NICE 73 manta I can work with. To that end I will be interested in whatever pieces are offered that I can afford.

Darrin
!Please don't tell her I am looking for someone with a nicer body. If she ever finds out I am afraid she might leave me somewhere when I least expect it!

·
1996 Opel Calibra
7,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kwilford said:
maybe sort some of the wiring out while I am at it.

On mine I just went ahead and cut the wiring harness.. figured I have already tried welding this area on another Manta and left the harness in... needless to it wasn't pretty.

The other option is to remove the entire wairing harness from the engine bay, front end, and I decided to save the time / Be lazy.. whichever ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.