65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone near Denver Colorado that has an extra set of hedders they
want to sell?? (for 74 Manta 1.9L)
Thanks!

·
Opeler
1,131 Posts
Will A GT header fit? I have a GT header that I have no plans on using, if it will work for you. I live down in the Springs.

·
Opel Rallier since 1977
2,278 Posts
I would not count on it... the Manta/Ascona have the front anti-sway bar about 1' behind the front cross-member and the exhaust has to work over that. I'd be concerned that the flatter angle of the lower bends in the GT header would run straight into the anti-sway bar.

See post #25 in this thread to see side-by-side pix of the 2.

I have a GT header and will be dropping the Ascona exhaust and will make a quick test fit but it will be a while until I get around to it.

·
Opeler
839 Posts
I need to correct my earlier post. I have one Manta header, from Calvin's motor purchase, and a couple of GT headers. I also have a Sprint, and 2.4l exhaust manifold. The headers, I will give to a new home, just pay the shipping. The others will fetch the current value price if purchased.

·
Opeler
839 Posts
Let me post a pic tomorrow. It's a beast. Calvin had it on a 2.4, in his Manta. The tube diameters are big, and there was some modification welding done to the header.

·
Super Moderator
13,812 Posts
4-2-1 View attachment 430279 View attachment 430280 Manta header. 4 (1.75") - 2 (2") - 1 (2.5"). It needs a good blasting, but it is a solid piece.
I sold that to Calvin many years ago!

It’s a Swedish ‘Rohret’ racing header kit made by Simons exhaust. Had it on my friend’s 2.1 liter 9500 rpm circle track engine, but I eventually made an equal length 4-1 header for that car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts