Opel GT Forum banner

Manta Luxus with A/C on ebay

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  DirtTrackManta 
#1 ·
If anyone is interested in an A/C unit for their Manta, there is a rough '74 Manta Luxus on EBAY with what looks like a complete A/C Unit on it.

Here is the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=4550758789&category=6390&sspagename=WDVW

Just an FYI, If you have A/C on a Manta or Ascona, check the compressor location near the oil filter. They can sag into the filter and cause the filter to rupture and sieze your engine. I purchased a 74 Luxus with a seized motor after this had happened.

#2 ·
Manta on eBay.

That Manta was at a body shop in Spring, Texas for a long time. It was part of a group of 2-3 Opels that the shop had for sale. The car hasn't run in over 5 years and has a dead master cylinder.

It is a '74 Luxus with automatic and A/C. As you can see in the eBay photos the interior is maroon and not black. I had some photos of the car, taken in person, but don't know where they've gone. It is complete but needs a hood for sure. I spent about a half hour looking it over 4 years ago. If you have any questions let me know and I'll tell you what I know.

#3 ·
How are the jacking points since the hood rotted? Is this one saveable, body wise? It would be ashame for this to get parted out.

#5 ·
The real question is how does a hood rot like that?

Charles

#6 ·
Charles

That is what I was thinking!! If the hood is rotten, the jacking points are questionable! If anyone is interested, a trip out to TX would be inorder or just risk the $100.00 for the car

#7 ·
Had to be something wierd like a rag sitting on top of the hood for too long.

Or something in the engine bay..

Charles

#9 ·
i gotta tiny little hole in my mantas hood, never even seen it until i went to the toobox one night, and seen light shining through the hole in the hood about the size of a needle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.