Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a Manta, i would prefer the 70-73 but dont really care. doesnt need to have the engine or tranny, and interior condition isnt really a priority right now. The car just mainly needs to have the suspension and a decent body. A little rust is ok, but i dont want one that is completely rusted out.

Thanks,

Adam

·
Super Moderator
13,842 Posts
spdkilz02 said:
I am looking for a Manta, i would prefer the 70-73 but dont really care. doesnt need to have the engine or tranny, and interior condition isnt really a priority right now. The car just mainly needs to have the suspension and a decent body. A little rust is ok, but i dont want one that is completely rusted out.
Go west young man! Seriously, you should consider sourcing a Manta from a more temperate climate, such as Arizona or California, or even Oregon or Washington. I got my GT from CA a couple of years ago and it was remarkable how clean everything was on the chassis. No rust at all! It probably will ultimately save me 6 months worth of work not having to repair a rusty shell.

Bob

·
1000 Post Club
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, i really dont care where it would come from i would just have the thing shipped in to me more then likely. unless i want to make a road trip with a trailer which is always a possiblity

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
david McCollom has a pretty nice 74 manta, white with red interior, really solid body. i wanted the car but my delivery guy can't get another run close enough to where the car is located.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
car is in texas, i wont give out the price incase it's changed or if the car is not for sale any longer. but send davidMcCollom a PM or email, he's really good about responding and will be honest with you about the car.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
stephen, my dads friend is a truck driver and was making runs through texas about once a month. but since the manta has come up, he's been running to florida and canada alot, and no more texas runs. was going to buy davids manta and the manta i have now, but sammy can't get another texas run anytime soon by the looks of it, and alot of stuff has now come up since i looked into it...even had money put away for it.

·
1000 Post Club
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
is there alot of problems with the auto tranny for the manta?

the one that i am looking at seems to slip a little when in a turn, not sure exactly what would be wrong.

now im thinking that i would just love to drive it till winter and then do the project to it if i would have the time and funds. it may have to wait till next winter after the wedding.

thanks,

adam

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
adam, i can ask vicki if i can drop the trans off at her hosue when i'm there thursday. dropping stuff off for Tom C. if your only 15 minutes away maybe we can meet there if allen and vicki dont mind?

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
No problem Jared. Bring it with you and Adam can pick it up when he can get here.

Vickie

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
thought i better ask first vicki, not trying to clutter up your yard with all the crap i have around the house, HONEST :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts