Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
What makes this different from a GT regulator? Or is it for the 45 or 55 amp alternator? Or is that a different regulator?

I recently bought a brush and regulator set off eBay that fits the later style Bosch alternator (45 and 55 amp, with the removable brush set) that allows the output voltage to be trimmed (ie adjusted) up or down, with a little trim pot that is cast into the resin. This allows actual alternator output voltage to be set EXACTLY at 14.4 volts under load, where many electronic regulators just put out approximately 13.5 volts. It is made in the USA by "Transpo", model IB301A, and says under the model number "VR BO ADJ" which I presume means "Voltage Regulator Bosch Adjustable". It was sold to me by a Volvo guy, as the Volvo 242 (and I think 740) series uses the same alternator as the later Opel. But now that I look at it, it should also work with any Opel/Bosch alternator (including the older 35 amp with the integral brushes), as it has the same three terminals as all the regulators I have seen.

HTH

Attachments

·
Non Civilian
2,102 Posts
it is easier and less of a headache to just dump the bosch and go for a GM one wire. easy to install and never have to try and figure if it is the alternator is bad or the regulator or the battery, it is just so much easier. you could also pick them out of a junk yard for cheap and they are like ly to run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.