64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a weber 32/36 carb set up for a manual choke only
has any one installed one of these before
I was wondering what length cable I should look for and type
would you require a locking type ?
any suggestions?
I spoke to dennis at GT source and much to my suprize he does not have any
so of the other threads suggest using a thicker gasket on the manifold as well as using shorter studs
I was able to install the weber on the existing studs my fear is if I can't get the car set up properly I may have to resort to going back to my solex

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Mounting Weber using stock studs

jeffw said:
I just received a weber 32/36 carb set up for a manual choke only
has any one installed one of these before
I was wondering what length cable I should look for and type
would you require a locking type ?
any suggestions?
I spoke to dennis at GT source and much to my suprize he does not have any
so of the other threads suggest using a thicker gasket on the manifold as well as using shorter studs
I was able to install the weber on the existing studs my fear is if I can't get the car set up properly I may have to resort to going back to my solex

Jeff
First, stacking order, manifold to carb base: manifold, paper gasket, heat shield (DO NOT OMIT!!), paper gasket, phenolic spacer (~3/16" thick), paper gasket, carb base. DO NOT use ANY sealers!

Second, using stock studs with Weber (much thinner mounting flange than Solex): go to any decent hardware store and buy four 1/4" thick, 5/16" spacers. After installing carb as described above, put four spacers on top of carb mounting flange, then stock wave washers and, finally stock nuts. DO NOT overtighten!!

This is easiest Weber mounting method, IMO, and spacers make it MUCH easier to remove and reinstall carb if maintenance is ever needed.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Moved thread . . .

Moved thread from 'Factory Fuel Injection' to 'Aftermarket Downdraft carbs'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.