Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, autozone list a new master cylinder for my opel (72 manta), for $35, well yes it was to good to be true. I went there and it looks like the one for my buick... Only 2 outputs and they are on the wrong side!

So I have 2 questions
1) Anywhere to get a new/reman master cylinder and how much?
2) Where can I get a rebuild kit for this one?
3) Is there another car that uses a similair enough master cylinder? making adapter plates and such are not a problem.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Opeler
138 Posts
Rebuild Kit

BuickNick,

I had a bad master cylinder last year and chose the rebuild kit to save money. I have a friend who knows Opel GT's as well as anyone in this country to help me.

It was successful, but not easy! The following week we were in a local Kraegan Auto Parts store and for the fun of it, asked if they had a remanufactured master cylinder. They did and it was $5.00 more than the rebuild kit. We checked it and it was identical to the original.

So, it might be worth looking some more. It would have saved a lot of time and effort.

Good Luck! Richard

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
brakes

i chose to rebuild my master cylinder just for saftey reasons it was pretty easy job to do. did it in about 3 hours plus i rebuilt the front two brake calipers and put new pads thru out. brakes are ur friend is my moto because yah never no when u may need them especaily here in cali.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My motto is "Brakes? who needs 'em? They can only slow you down!"
lol
I've rebuilt master cylinders before, but it looks like my buddy that works at a parts store scored one for me, so I should be all set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.