Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody do me this big favour, and post a scanned image of a spare fuel pump spacer or gasket?
In about 3-4 days I will need to remove my fuel pump (distributor change), and I would like to prepare two gaskets to same time and labour on that day.

Thanks!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
I have several of the various gaskets that you can make yourself photo-copied on several sheets. I can scan them, but, I can't garantee that when printed out, they'll be the correct size. But, I can send you the sheets in an envelope if you PM me your address.

Gary;
I am willing to let these be posted on this site, now that you have a "downloads" section. Is there a way to make sure these will come out the correct size?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the FAST response (3 minutes, wow!).

I don't want you to get in that posting trouble, cause by the time the envelope gets here (Greece) I will have propably already removed the fuel pump, and cut them using the spacer as template. But thanks anyway, it was very kind of you!

I think that a scanned image of 72 dpi (that shows in explorers without distortion) would be fine. Or you may just type at a side the dimensions for lenght and widht, or just the center circle diameter, and any decent image processor will have a virtual ruler to measure while on the screen, and scale accordingly.

After all, I can just print it out, get under the car, put it side by side with the pump and evaluate. If it looked good, but it wasn't, no harm, just a 30 minutes job to cut new from the spacer I will take out anyway that day...

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
I still would like to post the photo copies I have, but, I just want to make sure that printing them out would be accurate

·
Registered
534 Posts
I experimented a bit.

i put various gaskets in my scanner, scanned at 150dpi, saved through Photoshop as jpg, and printed at real size (no scaling). The output was exactly the same as the original. Here I post the "test file". I zipped the image because the server would require resizing and that we do not want. After all we need is to print correctly, not view through posts...

BSQ4: I found a gasket for the fuel pump, so no worries!

It seems to me like a good idea to make an download folder with gasket templates that anyone could easily download and prepare for our vehicles...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts