Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Opeler
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a hood! Well I'm really upset because I took my hood to the local shop to have media blasted in order to save me a bunch of time stripping it myself. I specifically talked to the owner about being careful, not too much pressure and don't overheat the metal. He said no worries, they've done many car parts. Bullshit! I picked up the hood and it was destroyed. Way too much pressure and the entire underside frame is now impressed into the top. I don't think it is salvageable and that hood was already about 99% perfect. So does anyone have a decent hood they would be willing to part with close to Dayton Ohio?

·
Opeler
1,236 Posts
I need a hood! Well I'm really upset because I took my hood to the local shop to have media blasted in order to save me a bunch of time stripping it myself. I specifically talked to the owner about being careful, not too much pressure and don't overheat the metal. He said no worries, they've done many car parts. Bullshit! I picked up the hood and it was destroyed. Way too much pressure and the entire underside frame is now impressed into the top. I don't think it is salvageable and that hood was already about 99% perfect. So does anyone have a decent hood they would be willing to part with close to Dayton Ohio?
Hate to hear this Mike. If I had one, I’d hook you up, but I don’t. Can you share how it looks? Hopefully you didn’t have to pay the guy after having a part destroyed

·
Über Genius
9,354 Posts
Hopefully the guy buys you a new hood. His insurance should cover it.
Then all you need to do is give Gil or Todd a call and have a hood shipped to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello i am currently new to the forum so if i makemistakes let me know. i readyour post about your need for a hood for a GT. i do have two hoods ,just need to check with my son eitch one to let go , both sre in good shape snd i wont ream you on the price.i am in missouri.

·
Opeler
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone who posted here and on the FB forums. You guys ROCK and I was offered several hoods from various folks. Managed to buzz down to Cincinnati just now and pick one up from a fellow Opeler down there. Thank you David!!!!!!!! Only an hour drive so worked out nicely. This one I will be stripping myself the old fashion but safe way! Now back to work!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks everyone who posted here and on the FB forums. You guys ROCK and I was offered several hoods from various folks. Managed to buzz down to Cincinnati just now and pick one up from a fellow Opeler down there. Thank you David!!!!!!!! Only an hour drive so worked out nicely. This one I will be stripping myself the old fashion but safe way! Now back to work!
just for curiosity sake, how much did you have to pay for your food?

·
Opeler
3,095 Posts
Just for curiosity sake, how much did you have to pay for your hood? (Post #7).

I was wondering the cost. Should have asked. Thinking of buying another GT hood this summer.

·
Opeler
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just for curiosity sake, how much did you have to pay for your food?
Well I paid about $6.15 for my food. Was a Taco Bell drive through! LOL

But the sandblaster charged me $75 to destroy the hood. Getting a refund though.

Reactions: rrossjr

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I'd be paying to get out of Jail and stomping their Arse into the ground!
Then I'd be on Judge Judy suing them!
:oops:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts