Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Miati Seats hUh???

I was thinking about going for the Recaros. Whats your opinion on the miata seats? Look and fit good?

·
Opel Key Master
5,269 Posts
Miata Seats

The miata seats work well. They have a full range of motion which I really like. They are a little narrower than original seats, and they seem to really open up the interior. It didn't take to long to mount the seats either. Of course my seats are in a convertible GT but roof clearance should be no problem. You do have to do modifications to the bases of these seats. You can even find some in a junk yard that have speakers in the head rest. I got lucky, paid $100 for the pair, and never been weathered!!!!

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW you did get lucky

Speakers in the headrest. Cool. That remonds me. In that case I wonder if Fiero seats would work too?? I'd like to get some really [email protected] leather seats but now we're talking some dollars.

·
Raging Opel-holic
65 Posts
How much seat modification?

I have a set of rare seats in my Miata. I bought them a few years ago and had them shipped in from Japan. These leather seats have [email protected] side bolstering and were the closest thing to being a part of my old car. They would definately look good, but I don't think I want to make modifications to make them work. The brackets have a seperatable section that could be fabricated. I had been debating selling them, but wanted to see how they would fit in the GT first. OH!! If anyone wants to get a set of stock seats, or anything else from a Miata, there is a good classified add section at www.miata.net

Phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts