Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i would love a michigan opel club, kinda like what georgia's opelers have done!!! i have noticed alot of recent michigan members in the past 6 or 8 months.:banana:

·
Opeler
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We met in June 2002, had 7 GTs there, in 2003 had 4GTs there with others. We met in Raynor Park in Mason (just south of Lansing). Couldn't get any interest after that. Jim

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i remember the 2003 meet geting setup for the michigan crowd........i had just joined and didnt have the rustbucket GT at the time roadworthy in time.

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
Actually, in 2003 you had 3 more people and 2 more cars, but we got there late and everyone had left!
I would love to try it again when the weather gets warm. Are we all on the Map thing? Maybe that would allow us to pick a good location. I know of at least 3 of us that are close by in the NE Detroit suburbs.

Actually, the place in Mason was pretty good. anywhere near Lansing is pretty central. If the group in the UP wants to come down, we could move it towards Mt. Pleasant.

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,890 Posts
:( It's to bad I don't live in Michigan any more, then you guys would have one member more

·
Opeler
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gang; Lets try to plan a meet for May or June of next year.We have lots of time to brainstorm. Anyone with ideas, lets hear 'em. Jim

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i always thought frankenmuth would be a good show to make a opel meet out of, usually in may, frankemuth michigan. if i'm not mistaken, its pretty central to the state. i'd think best bet is to find out what/where to make things convenient for everybody.

·
Opeler
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
69GT; Not having your car done is not a good enough excuse to not come to the meeting. Bringing an Opel to the meeting is expected, but not a requirement. Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
new on here, looking for somebody interested in trading an opel gt for a 71 javelin, had a 70 opel gt and loved it besides the electrical problems, ate points. I will try to find the right place to ask this question , for now would really appreciate your help. my e=mail is [email protected]
thank you for your time,
brad mason

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi jim,
just joined, looking for a gt or ralleye, mostly gt. have a 71 javelin with a 390 4 speed out of an 68 amx 411 race rearend hurst inline shifter that I would be interested in trading for a gt. If you know anybody interested or have one for sale at a good price please let me know. I had a 70 gt and loved it cept for it ate up points. was like driving a go cart, totalled it out. that was in 74. the answer to that one guys problem with stalling is vapor lock, ask him if he has that plate underneath the carb or did somebody remove it in times gone by. Would like to hear from you, my e=mail is baddbrad4[email protected]
take care and from michigan too,
brad mason

·
boomerang opeler
5,617 Posts
i think we will have to see if we can get you guys a club page set up
some of you are getting so desperate to have a meet that they are looking at the georgia club for a meet to go to :lmao:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
baz said:
isome of you are getting so desperate to have a meet that they are looking at the georgia club for a meet to go to :lmao:
:biglaugh:
Well we do have a whole lot better weather the that state up north.:nana:

·
Opeler
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd sooner be in Michigan in the spring, summer and fall. You win in the winter, here we have to rest our Opels (keep them out of the salt) Jim:)

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
awesome gary, many thanks!!! i like michigan, the seasons are always interesting, gives a wide variety of things to do throughout the year. snowmobiling is only 2nd to ripping it up in an opel!

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
here is a link to the frankenmuth show from 2005. it was featured on "my classic car" earlier this spring. if a "big show" is more for or likings this seems to be a nice place. my only worry is we'll surely not fit in with muscle cars and hot rods, lol, and maybe we'd be better off with our own small opel meet? just trying to throw out ideas and get a ball rolling somwhere at least

1 - 20 of 145 Posts