Opel GT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 145 Posts

·
Opeler
188 Posts
Haven't been on-line for awhile. I'm in Shelby Twp almost next door to Clinton Twp. An April meet would be fun, especially so close. I'm up for it, but not the 30th. How about the weekend earlier? Have a big 25th wedding anniversary trip starting the 29th.

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
The 23rd works for me. We should have it today! It is sunny and 70F outside!

It is so nice, my wife told me that I should spend the whole day working on the Opel! Isn't she just perfect? :yup:

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,891 Posts
asdasc said:
The 23rd works for me. We should have it today! It is sunny and 70F outside!

It is so nice, my wife told me that I should spend the whole day working on the Opel! Isn't she just perfect? :yup:
Or is she trying to get rid of you?? :lmao:

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
I think it was all a lie. I was just told that her cousin, who is moving in down the street, needs some help moving some furniture.

So much for my day!

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,891 Posts
:yikes: what a bummer :yup:

·
1971 Opel GT
380 Posts
detroit is a 'long haul' for me... but on april 19th i'm getting insurance for the GT and plates, hopefully by the 23rd i'll be rolling. god i hope. lol. trying to get paint on it too first. we'll see. anyone wanna help me fix the body up?! lol. its just a little bit of bump. the guy who sold it to me somehow found all good replacement panels for all the fenders. the front passenger fender still had a sticker on it actually, but i couldn't read it and it crumbled to dust. *sigh* lol. prolly back in the 70s. i found a insurance document in the car from 1977 tho... so i ASSume thats when it was parked in the barn it was in since then. *Shrug*

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
By all means, don't worry what it looks like! Mine is nothing to look at, but I still enjoy it. Bring it along and we can all enjoy ourselves. This park is pretty mellow, along a nice river. There are grills in the ground so we can bring charcoal get the grill going. THere are some pretty areas near the river where we can take some pictures to post for the rest of the gang.

From Lansing, I think it is easiest to take I96 to I696 to Groesbeck and take that north, rather than come across M59. Your call though.

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
Yeah, we would LOVE to see you, but it is a haul. I was thinking this would be a quick get together for those close and that we would have a big central one in June. We could do a big one in April and move it more central in the state, but I probably couldn't get away for a full day. I figured this little one we could do from maybe 1pm to 3pm just so we could all see each others cars and meet.

I am open to suggestions. One other idea would be to have 2 that day. One east side, one west side of the state. Take pictures and post them and then we all get together in June. Comments?

·
1971 Opel GT
380 Posts
Philosophy #3 of Dan: If the driving time <= play time then driving time is worth investment. hehehe. Which is to say ... 2 hours is cutting it close. lol. lets jsut say a universal 'start' and 'this is when we will eat hotdogs' time or whatever, but leave the end of the day up to those of us who won't be looking forward to a 2 hour drive home. lol.

Ie:

1 pm - Meet and greet
2 pm - grubbage in full drive
3 <-> 4 pm - let the regulars have their park back

or something along those lines? heh.

·
1971 Opel GT
380 Posts
kndlindsey said:
I'm contemplating it, but i think it's like 168 miles by yahoo math.
... we could always meet somewhere like jackson and cruise out there together, make it a little more 'safe'.

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
Hi All,

Yeah, there is no need to cap the end time, or begining time for that matter. I figured that no one would want to make that kind of a time commitment. I can stay later, and the park doesn't close until dark! The nice thing about this park is that it is smaller and free. If we think everyone is coming, we can look for a larger park, but there would be reservation fees and also entrance fees. The larger one is up on M59 & Dequinder, which may not be any easier to get to for the west siders.

·
1971 Opel GT
380 Posts
*chuckles* understood.

well guys. progressive insurance is going to get me my quote for $276.50. keep in mind i'm 22 yo, and driving a 2 door sports car. wootage. in the max. going out right now to put some stuffs back together on it, buy insurance/plates tomorrow and drive it like a mad fool to somewhere.

·
OpelGirl
394 Posts
lol! i am waiting for my 19 year old to get his truck out of the shop so i can get the opel in, and get it tuned up and the water pump changed and then i will be doing the same thing, will have to invent somewhere to go and have the cellphone handy for back up!

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
Insurance

Insurance costs KILL us here in Michigan. Has anyone found a place to get low cost insurance for older classic cars?

·
1971 Opel GT
380 Posts
because GM covers me for medical bs, i just found progressive will give it to me at 231 and change.

i got a buddy, through fleet insurance, has his mustang for 125 a year. heh.

61 - 80 of 145 Posts