Opel GT Forum banner

81 - 100 of 145 Posts

·
Opeler
188 Posts
Insurance on classic cars

I've used Citizens and State Farm and both charge around 400 a year. It depends on the appraised value of the car. You need an appraisal and then they'll write a policy for what the car appraised at. The nice part about State Farm is they let you drop to just comprehensive in the winter if you don't drive it.

There is also a company called Hagerty that specializes in classic car insurance. They are supposed to be reasonable. They have no mileage limits, but they do have age restrictions and I believe the car needs to be garaged and not parked outside. You can check hagerty.com.

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
HOLY COW!!!

Great tip on the insurance! $127 for a full year with $3000 worth of collision coverage. Having collector/historical plates on the car saves a ton. These guys are nation wide, so don't hesitate to call them.

You need to have it garage kept, and each driver in the house needs to have another car as primary.

·
1971 Opel GT
380 Posts
so its offical. the opel is out, plated, licensed, insured, filled w/ gas, fluids checked and rip and roaring the streets of lansing.

amen.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
also try grundy...not sure of their number or website. and no joke about our weather, it flat out sucks. 70's this weeknd and woke up to light snow blowing all over the place and ice covered roads again.

·
1971 Opel GT
380 Posts
*chuckles* doesn't stop me! i'm taking the GT out to be vacummed and cleaned today, so i'm more comfortable workin in it. i need to drop the baack shelf out and check the tank's vapor lines. arn't they supposed to just bleed off onto the street? and i have 2 lines coming to the back that aren't hooked up to anything anylonger. point/tips on those?

*the only line i know is hookd up is the main line going to the pump.*

·
Curve Crazy GT
399 Posts
so are we gunna have any meets or what!!!! its gettin that time of year and shes all reay for the road (well after i fix my torque tube at least)

BUT COME ON!! ITS CRUSIN SEASON!:banana:

·
1971 Opel GT
380 Posts
hah. definately. hopefully i can fix up my alternator and charging system and roll out there.

·
1971 Opel GT
380 Posts
i'm definately game for a meet on the 23rd... sunday is usually a good day.i 'could' start driving around noonish... i suppose. i'd have to leave earlier. i'll tell the paintball team when i talk to them i guess.

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
No problem, we should be there all afternoon, so if you want to come later, that is ok, too.

Better yet, bring the whole team down. We can get them all hooked on Opels also!

·
Curve Crazy GT
399 Posts
cool

That sounds cool. t i think ill have to come on by. So where EXACTLY is this all gunna happen. just so i can get my facts right!

·
Opeler
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
sway bars

Gang; Friday I received my front and rear sway bars from Opel GT Source. Now I have to finish replacing my oil pan gasket and replacing my rear differential gasket. This was the winter I repaired my leaks.Got to have it all done for our June meet. Jim

·
Opeler
1,768 Posts
Would you mind terribly if a Opel-less loser peeked from behind a tree?
I'll keep watching this thread to see if anything happens closer to me (west side of the state).

·
Opeler
1,768 Posts
maglinjosvinn said:
i wanna see your gt! lol
You and me both.
Don't rub it in. I talked to my old man yesterday (I've been trying to get him to go look at one in Florida for me) and he starts off the conversation telling me he bought it (something he is prone to do).
Of course he was kidding, I wasn't amused.

·
1971 Opel GT
380 Posts
if you got a fair hand with body work i have a car stripped down... i got another one, so i don't want it anymore, and we can work out an arrangement for you to get the engine outta the car that works (the one that got stripped has a fully rebuilt engine sitting in patient wait for me)

·
Opeler
1,768 Posts
Nope, I'm looking for one already in decent shape. Much rather drop 5K and drive it. Will probably go back into wait and watch mode. Wouldn't mind networking with Michigan Opel dudes though. There was once an Opel club in Grand Rapids, saw it mentioned somewhere. Anyone know what happened to that?

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
Hi All,
I am back! I have been out of Opel time for the last 3 months, but it is now time to get rolling again as my machine shop FINALLY called to tell me it is about done! He has had it since Feb or Mar. I can't even remember! We should get together near Lansing next month if anyone wants to!

81 - 100 of 145 Posts