Opel GT Forum banner

101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Opeler
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Gang; I think we are not getting together because we're spending all our time trying to get everyone in Michigan to agree to a central location. We need to have small get togethers in numberous locations.Get a few people to agree to a place, post it, so the ones who are interested can get together. Does that make sence to anyone? Jim

·
1971 Opel GT
198 Posts
MI club

Hi, new Opeler in southeast Michigan here. I was thinking about this same idea, searched (!!), came up with this thread. Hasn't been posted on in awhile. How about it Michigan?

·
Opeler
175 Posts
Welcome

Hi there,

We are kind of a loose knit bunch here in Michigan,but we all share the same passion for our Opels.

Myself, Im in the middle of taking my car apart to add a few updates.
I see from your profile that you are a pilot.
Me too!

Glad your here, what do you have for an Opel?
Bob

·
1971 Opel GT
198 Posts
I don't have one yet. I've got my eye on a couple, and I'm trying to force myself to be patient. There is a '69 near me, body is in great shape and it runs fine, but the rest needs a fair amount of attention. The guy is asking $3000, and I'm trying to decide if that's too much or not.

Nice! First Opeler I meet is a pilot. Job or fun or both?

·
Opeler
175 Posts
I fly for fun, my wife just got her private ticket the other day so its all in the family!
Where do you fly out of? We are based at 3DA,Flushing Dalton. Ive got an RV6A that I built.
Bob

Good luck on the 69

·
Opeler
1,768 Posts
I don't have one yet. I've got my eye on a couple, and I'm trying to force myself to be patient. There is a '69 near me, body is in great shape and it runs fine, but the rest needs a fair amount of attention. The guy is asking $3000, and I'm trying to decide if that's too much or not.

Nice! First Opeler I meet is a pilot. Job or fun or both?
You must be Keith or was it Kevin? I know because I called that guy last night and he said another guy was asking about it. did you go see it?
Don't worry, I'm not working against you. I bought this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=140071460655&rd=1,1
just today and I'm nervous!!

·
1971 Opel GT
198 Posts
Small world. I fly out of Flint-Bishop. Live in Fenton, although I find myself spending a lot of time in St. Clair Shores lately. :) Isn't there an EAA chapter that meets at Dalton?

·
1971 Opel GT
198 Posts
You must be Keith or was it Kevin? I know because I called that guy last night and he said another guy was asking about it. did you go see it?
Don't worry, I'm working against you. I bought this
eBay Motors: Opel : GT (item 140071460655 end time Jan-10-07 07:22:13 PST)
just today and I'm nervous!!
Yeah, my very first post on OpelGT.com was to congratulate you on the buy. I did go see the car, last night. Probably go back today to see it in daylight.

Looks like you got a nice car there, I hope it works out well. I was watching the one in Virginia too (dented rear) and the one in Georgia.

·
Opeler
175 Posts
The monthly EAA Chapter meetings are every second Thursday @ 7:30PM
That is Chapter #77,pretty active chapter.
No meet this month,annual banquet.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Yeah, my very first post on OpelGT.com was to congratulate you on the buy. I did go see the car, last night. Probably go back today to see it in daylight.

Looks like you got a nice car there, I hope it works out well. I was watching the one in Virginia too (dented rear) and the one in Georgia.
Good luck on the one in GA. I live just a few miles from that one. From what I see on the web it looks like a good car.

·
1971 Opel GT
198 Posts
Good luck on the one in GA. I live just a few miles from that one. From what I see on the web it looks like a good car.
Trying to get a car from GA to MI seems problematic. I'd prefer not to pay $800(?) to ship. Waiting weeks wouldn't be fun either. It does look like a nice car though. Better looking than the one I went to see here in MI. I was thinking of posting a thread asking opinions. Bid looks like it'll jump in a few hours. So it's buy a nicer one far away for more, or buy a not near as nice one for less here in MI....hmm.

·
Curve Crazy GT
399 Posts
hey, im glad to see someone posted in this thread.Mabey this summer we can all get together like last year. mabey this time a little less rain though!:)

Attachments

·
Opeler
1,768 Posts

Let us know about the Michigan car, the one by Detroit, (forget the burg). Sounded, from talking to the owner, that it was in good mechanical shape with little rust, not too many of those will come up close enough to look at in Michigan, I've been hunting pretty hard since last May, they're not impossible to find close by but you have to be patient.
I'm hoping the one I snagged works out okay. Very nervous.

·
Opeler
1,768 Posts
hey, im glad to see someone posted in this thread.Mabey this summer we can all get together like last year. mabey this time a little less rain though!:)
I sure hope so, and I hope I'm there with my new ride. I'm planning on it. whenever and wherever it happens. Of course, as soon as I move on a car, winter arrives.

·
Opeler
1,768 Posts
Trying to get a car from GA to MI seems problematic. I'd prefer not to pay $800(?) to ship. Waiting weeks wouldn't be fun either. It does look like a nice car though. Better looking than the one I went to see here in MI. I was thinking of posting a thread asking opinions. Bid looks like it'll jump in a few hours. So it's buy a nicer one far away for more, or buy a not near as nice one for less here in MI....hmm.
I'd say buy as much car as you can with as good a body as you can and wait until you get what you want. That's the advice I got and have tried to follow since last May. Buying long distance (like I just did) has + and -. You may get a better car but you have to pay to get it home and you can't look it over either. Almost every car I've found on line and then have gone to see has been worse then I hoped. And yet I bought one far away, sight unseen and even without finding a member here to look it over for me (a great idea if you can find someone close enough to look, and you usually can). Why did I do that? Because I'm convinced I had a great deal in the making. That's the only reason. Man I hope I'm not disappointed. BTW which GA car is it you're looking at? And where in MI are we all going to meet when you get one? I'm on the western side!
Yes, a new thread is probably a good idea.

·
1971 Opel GT
198 Posts
I'd say buy as much car as you can with as good a body as you can and wait until you get what you want. That's the advice I got and have tried to follow since last May. Buying long distance (like I just did) has + and -. You may get a better car but you have to pay to get it home and you can't look it over either. Almost every car I've found on line and then have gone to see has been worse then I hoped. And yet I bought one far away, sight unseen and even without finding a member here to look it over for me (a great idea if you can find someone close enough to look, and you usually can). Why did I do that? Because I'm convinced I had a great deal in the making. That's the only reason. Man I hope I'm not disappointed. BTW which GA car is it you're looking at? And where in MI are we all going to meet when you get one? I'm on the western side!
Yes, a new thread is probably a good idea.
This one:
eBay Motors: Opel : Opal GT (item 160070140236 end time Jan-10-07 17:07:08 PST)

Hmm. Not sure how to make that a live link. Anyway, that auction is getting down to crunch time, reserve unmet.

I'm in for a meet, GT or no GT. Maybe spring so those who have cars will bring them, sans salty roads.

I'd like to hear about how your long distance buy goes. Looks like a very nice car.

Nice, live link automatically. <cough> forum newbie.

·
1971 Opel GT
380 Posts
heh

its getting to be that time again folks! i smell a meet! ... its just a few months off. i remember this last year i was able to plate up on 3/14/06 and didn't even see salt residue on the road when i did it. this year is... i dunno. i'm looking at 1800 and change to finish the car. anyone wanna donate? lol. i have the time and energy, just not the parts. *sigh* either way, she'll be on the road by that time. i'll check you guys all out later.

101 - 120 of 145 Posts