Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone from Wisconsin is still on this site. I noticed that there is an Opel Club listed for Milwaukee but it is not accepting new members.

I will introduce myself/us.

Dean is a long term opel lover. He has owned a GT previously and several Manta's I believe (he is not here to ask) But he had a serious accident in a black one back in the early 80's.

Lori is Deans significant other, introduced to Opels by Dean while searching for a mini. She is hooked. She always liked the look of the C-3 vettes and upon seeing the Opel...she fell hopelessly in love.

We currently own an unknown Opel Body (flat back so we assume an early 69) Engine and various parts are from unknown year...We also just purchased a 72 from Georgia which we hope to pick up next week. This is the one we will begin on first....so Lori can get a running Opel as soon as possible! She is having serious trouble picking a color!

We just bought "Driving the Dream" and have watched it twice. Sigh. :veryhappy

·
Administrator
10,293 Posts
....I am wondering if anyone from Wisconsin is still on this site. I noticed that there is an Opel Club listed for Milwaukee but it is not accepting new members.
We have quite a few members from WI. Several have "pinned" their location on the members map.

We are in the process of merging the clubs/groups and no one from the GMO has listed that club in the new registry. The old club forums have been closed for new posts but it Looks like you already found the GMO group. Continue to post there.

Good luck with your GT's.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome to the Club neighbor! I am Jeff P. (vs Jeff W.) and live just east of you in Jackson. Looking forward to meeting you at our first get-together in March or so. The more members we have the better!
Take care,
Jeff P.

·
Administrator
10,293 Posts
...We are in the process of merging the clubs/groups and no one from the GMO has listed that club in the new registry
Hint... Hint... Register the GMO here and get more exposure. You can have multiple coordinators.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the reply's. I am not sure about being a member of GMO....if I am, that is wonderful. I tried placing my tack on the world map, not sure it worked...it kept wanting a URL for an image.

A March meeting would be great, any general idea about dates?

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,411 Posts
Who locates the PINS. I could have gotten a little closer to WI.:yup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here too!

could have just called it the Jeff Opel club. Jeff S. here (and his old man Dave). Been working on a '69 for the better part of 4 years (with a few moves and marriages in between). But I now have a little one on the way so the pressure to get it done is on. Our shop is in Kewaskum but I'm out of Milwaukee.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YIKES! Jeff, it has been 4 years....I am hoping to be driving mine by summer....hmmmm, perhaps I should adjust my expectations. I assume that means your Dad's place in Kewaskum?

On a side note....when is your wife due?

Looking forward to meeting everyone some day soon.

Lori

1 - 14 of 14 Posts