Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Currently in Opel Detox.
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the questions of wheels are beat to death here, but I just thought I'd find out if anyone knows if now or if ever there has been a wheel in production very similiar to the british Mini Lite style wheels that fit the GT.

·
587 Posts
Yes , I picked up a used set of them at Carlisle last year.
A guy had them on a BMW 2002. They are 13 x 6 with
a 4" back space. $125 I'll see if I can post a pick

Tom C

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
not quite so cheap

Last Sep. superlite quoted me 110 pounds(@$170) each wheel and another 100 pounds to ship all 4. That was for 7"x15", 4x100mm, and whatever backspacing/ offset I wanted, including caps and nuts.

All in all, not a terrible price for a set of wheels, but I didn't (and still don't) have the $750 laying around. (I would have added another $50 or so anyway for the yellow powdercoating too.)

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Another Carlisle bargain!

For those who are not familiar with the Carlisle Import Show.....
Carlisle Fairgrounds in Carlisle, PA is considered one of the top locations in the U.S. for car shows and swap meets. Each year, they have an Import, Kit/Replicar show. Visit them at:ifounditatcarlisle.com
For the past 7 or 8 years Opelers have been gathering there under the OANA banner and showing off their Opels no matter what condition they are in. It is a fun show and a chance to meet and talk Opels. There also is a vendor area where several hundred vendors hawk import only parks. This years meet will be held May 16th - 18th.

Each year I rent 2 spaces as an Opel Co-Op for people to buy/sell/swap Opel parts. Once again we will be at location J-36 and J-37. hope to see you there. More info will be posted as we get closer to May. There are a lot of photos of past events in the Photo Gallery.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,835 Posts
Minilite is still in business. Besides the Superlites, there were copies made by Panasport and Carroll Shelby Wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts