Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
This 1:18 minichamps is by far the most accurate opel GT model I've seen.

Here's mine
http://www.opelgt.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=812

I also have a 1:18 PlayArt GT (Very Very rare). It has two wheels on a turret on the underside between the two front wheels. It takes two batteries and drives until it hits something, turns around and keeps going. Gil didn't seem to believe me when I told him about it a few years back.

I also have another Playart GT that's 1:43(I think). It's the type that has a spinning weight inside. You push it forward quickly on the floor to get the weight spinning and then let go and it goes across the floor.

These three are by far the coolest GT's I've seen. Much better than the common GAMA repro and original GAMAs, which I also have.

-Travis

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Minichamps models

The Minichamps models are the best! The attention to detail is awesome! There are 3 on the market right now, the first being the blue you have the link to. It's getting harder to find. It depicts the Euro spec GT. The second is the yellow GT/J, again, the detail is awesome. This one can still ba gooten on the German EBAY site. The third and most recent is a red GT like the first, just a different color. I have the first two and hope to get the red one. I paid about $60 for my blue one off the 'net. I ordered it from Scotland, but, you'll have to find it where you can, best to just watch the German EBAY. My GT/J I got off the German EBAY, I paid about $45 with s/h. So, if you want one of these to add to your collection, be ready to spring for it when you see one.
Gene

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought the Yellow GT/J one for my father about two years ago. The 1:18 scale.

Then I just bought the red GT 1:18 for myself about two weeks ago. The detail really is quite stunning.

I love these models for decorations...call me a nerd :)
But right now I have
BMW Z8
Porsche 911 (993) Turbo
Subaru Impreza 22B
Opel GT

I've owned an Impreza and GT. Now I have to find a second Gen. RX-7, an 86 Subaru GL sedan and an 82 Buick LeSabre. It'll be tough, but maybe in time... :) I just want to now own a 1:18 model for every car I actually own.

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
I should have mentioned that the 1:43 Vitesse GTs are quite nice as well. Probably the second most accurate GT model. The one I have is modeled after the rally car driven by Marie Claude Beaumont in the 1970 Tour de Corse. It even has the big rally lights on the front...

These may still be available BTW

-Travis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts