Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Opeler
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you want to change out the side mirrors to something else, here's yet another possibility. They are called durant mirrors and come off of Porsche 911/912's I think they ended in '69 or 70???
Repros are available as well as originals sometimes. Here's one photo. I think the other one is in my member photo page.

Attachments

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
i got me a set of the mirrors from J C W the ones that are black and have the turn signal in them i think they look sweet on my gt. they also work very well and so far hold the postion were u set them in.

·
Opeler
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope. I haven't used these but thought they might be an option.

They are kind of a cross between the original stalk mount ones and bullet or Talbot ones. I do not know what the spacing of the bolts is...sorry.

There is a place out of Chicago called Partswerks that makes repros, about 50.00 per. I think originals from Porsche are about 220.00!! They changed the thickness of the glass mirror at some point, I do know that.

:)

·
Opeler
3,100 Posts
If you want to change out the side mirrors to something else, here's yet another possibility.
They are called Durant mirrors and come off of Porsche 911/ 912's I think they ended in '69 or 70?
<snip>
Owner before me installed cheapo plastic side mirrors with additional drilled holes into both GT doors.
These Durant mirrors look like the would have enough adjustments to cover those holes.
Always like to keep my GT reasonably STOCK, but these are more streamline than OEM GT side view mirror(s).

Noticed true Germany quality, stainless steel reproduction DURANT mirror on eBay.
The absolutely perfect, faithful reproduction of the legendary DURANT rear view mirror
for Porsche 356 and 911/ 912 up to year 1967.

Thought they might look good on an Opel GT. Could buy cheaper set for $60 and see how they look.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts