1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
self admitted opel addict
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
they are for a car with the mirror coming out of the corner of the area where the glass is, not on to the body of the door so you will have a lot of work to do to fit them
+ they are small area like all dtm style mirrors
but style is personal choice so if you like them go for it

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not realize these were not the body mountable type....thanks!!!
I have bullet shaped chrome (plastic) mirrors ready to go on my car after the paint job is finished Am getting cold feet on them though. Plastic does not seem very permanent plus I have changed my front curved lights into turn signals since I put on the front spoiler and am afraid the turn signal will not be noticable enough from all angels.....this is why I was considering LED mirrors.
Thanks for the input!

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
had the curved lights as turns on mine for 22 years and no problems with people seeing thyem so i would not worry about it :D

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Paint was $299 a gallon ...
The turn signals with LED lights is just a small sign of my insanity....
I'd wrap a wide rubber piece all the way around the car if you guys wouldn't talk about me too bad!:rolleyes:

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
seen just the thing for you in italy when i went to farrari

big glass cages with cars in them :D

what kind of paint is it for that much???
must be photo chomatic yes?

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:D Not a bad idea...just run me a breathing tube under the glass....

The paint is a Dupont spectramaster red blend. Metallic/ irredescent. Have never seen an opel of this color. Chose something that requires you to wear shades when looking at it...

) :cool:
Figure if anyone ever does run into me---they deserve a smack as there is NO WAY they couldn't have seen me coming!:D

·
Opeler
58 Posts
I put a set of LED mirrors on my GT . They do light up and help visability. Search to forums for LED mirrors and you will see some pictures I posted and source. They are door mount and not very expensive, however you get what you pay for and somehow I wish they were remote.

I not sure how to post a link to another forum but this might work.

http://www.opelgt.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2176&highlight=LED+mirrors

1 - 8 of 8 Posts