Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out that I am missing the AFM for my 2.2 injection setup :eek: . According to OGTS the 2.2 AFM is different than all others for Opel engines. Does anyone have an AFM for a 2.2 they are willing to part with, or know of a substitution that will work with the stock EFI 2.2 Computer.

·
Senior Contributor
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got my hands on a free:D AFM from some kind of BMW. It has a 5 pin connector like the Opel....but.. it uses the 4 end pins rather than 2 on one side and 2 on the other side (does not use center pin). I have opened the top of the unit and tried to figure out which pin is which based on the 2.2 EFI schematic. Other than being certain of the #7 pin, which is the wiper, I am having trouble figuring out the rest. I figure I can make an adaptor to cross the wires over properly and then re-adjust the spring tension and starting resistance of the unit to run the opel control box. Here's the question--does anyone know enough about bosch AFM units to help me figure this out.

·
Opeler
38 Posts
Jeff, How soon you plan on putting everything together on the GT? I talked to my friend again today and he is going on another hunt for the AFM this weekend and some 5sp getrags. My wife is in Germany right now and her cousin is in a local Opel Club. I asked her to have him call me tomorrow to see if he has a lead on one, and if that doesn't work I will be their in about 3 weeks so what I'm saying is I have no doubt to find you a AFM. It just might take a minute. If you are ready to reassemble your car now I do have an extra one. I wanted to make sure Elvis would start before I part with it. I told Tom that I would let him have first dibbs but if I'm not mistaken I think he was looking out for one for you. Oh and I saved myself about $65 dollars on the mounting bracket I think. I found a 84 318i in the junk yard and right on the breather was a adapter from the AFM to the hose. I think it will fit perfectly to the AFM on the 2.2 and mount right up to the K&N filter I'm going to use;) .

Arnold

·
Certified Opelholic
1,470 Posts
a 260z is another source for those AFM adapters last one i got from pull-n-save was free

2.0 Renault or a fiat x19 has them for the stock 1.9 AFMs

Davegt27

·
Senior Contributor
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am no where near ready to begin re-assembly. I am just trying to put all the pieces together so that I don't run into a road block when the time comes. I am trying for May Carlisle, which is really just around the corner. Basically I am trying not to just sit around waiting, I'm looking for alot of options. Obviously if I can pick up the proper AFM that would be a lot better. So any help will always be appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts