Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '72 GT still has the original Solex carb, and while I plan to upgrade to a Weber very soon, I have a more pressing problem. The little retaining pin that goes through the ball on the end of the throttle linkage is missing, so the ball nut has a tendency to pop off of the carburetor with some frequency. I've become very adept at pulling off to the shoulder, reattaching the linkage, and getting back under way in about 20 seconds or so, but it's a big pain in the butt (not to mention embarassing, and now that my hazard flashers crapped out, dangerous). Does anyone know where one can find a replacement pin, or suggest something else to use? Paper clips and most of the wire I have lying around seem to be too thick to fit through the hole.

· Kalifornia Kid
552 Posts
Pin

(Since you asked) they're sold for $2.50 (at an Opel parts seller).

· Curve Crazy GT
398 Posts
Mine has a small hair pin cotter pin in it. i belive you can pick one up at a local hardware store. works great

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I picked up a few throttle linkage bushings from OGTS (to replace the ones I jury-rigged using a section of gas line), but I didn't see any of the ball nut pins listed in their catalog.

· Opeler
3,330 Posts
Carburetor Lock Spring

I picked up a few throttle linkage bushings from OGTS (to replace the ones I jury-rigged using a section of gas line), but I didn't see any of the ball nut pins listed in their catalog.
Listed under fuel system and carburetor: P/N 9011 Lock Spring $2.50.
Ensure your carburetor heat shield is installed.

P/N 9004 $7.00
GASKET CARBURETOR TO INTAKE MANIFOLD
Carburetor to intake manifold, thick gasket with plastic eyes to prevent carburetor base plate warping. Installation instructions included.
NOTE: You will also need 9018 if your engine is equipped with a heatshield under the carburetor.

P/N 9018 $4.00
GASKET HEAT SHIELD TO INTAKE MANIFOLD
Carburetor heat shield to intake manifold, thin.
NOTE: You may also need 9004.

· Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
manifold to carb stack-up

Listed under fuel system and carburetor: P/N 9011 Lock Spring $2.50.
Ensure your carburetor heat shield is installed.

P/N 9004 $7.00
GASKET CARBURETOR TO INTAKE MANIFOLD
Carburetor to intake manifold, thick gasket with plastic eyes to prevent carburetor base plate warping. Installation instructions included.
NOTE: You will also need 9018 if your engine is equipped with a heatshield under the carburetor.

P/N 9018 $4.00
GASKET HEAT SHIELD TO INTAKE MANIFOLD
Carburetor heat shield to intake manifold, thin.
NOTE: You may also need 9004.
. . . and, one more time . . . the manifold to carb stackup is:

manifold, paper gasket, metal heat shield, paper gasket, phenolic spacer, paper gasket, carb! :yup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.