Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I saw a blue GT going East on 50 highway just off 291 around 4 in the afternoon on sunday. I just wondered if it was any of you guys. If so I would really like to look at your car, any in the area for that matter. I am trying to restore one and a fresh look at one would be a definite moral booster.
Steven

BTW, the car looked nice from the other side of the highway.... speedy too! :D

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,955 Posts
gt's in missouri

last blue gt I saw in missouri was in 1974 in joplin.

there was a real nice blue gt that was sold in st louis in about april 03 on ebay...those are the only 2 that I know of....

I have red gt..send a pm(private message) if you want to see the car over the lunch hour..I am in downtown KC...wow..with you i
think we have 6-8 gts here...we will probably have a spring meeting if we can set a date and location.:D

PS:welcome to the worldwide wide club at Opelgt.com

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a blue GT but not the one you saw. It's in the garage due to a bad brake light switch. I believe there's a guy in Blue Springs with one. I bought some taillight lenses from him (eBay). Occasionally I see an orange GT with Cragar wheels in North Kansas City. The last white GT I saw was in a wreck at Antioch and Kendalwood in the mid-90's.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,955 Posts
hey gt freak

did you buy the one over in Leavenworth..on ebay?

PS:the are 2 wrecked gts in salvage yards in the area that I heard of...there in one in wichita at the euro salvage yard and there is one in downtown KS that have been flooded at the junk yard..my buddy saw it and will try to get photos and a location..
he says it has usable metal..no engine

·
Registered
149 Posts
I bought my GT in 1996 from a guy in KCMO near Parkville. He bought it to race but never got around to it. His wife decided to drive it to work. So he repaired it and she drove it for a couple years.

·
332 Posts
I would bet that the blue one belongs to a guy out in Lone Jack...I have e-mailed him a couple of times when I was first starting the tear-down of my GT.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,955 Posts
welcome cherokee

keep in touch...we have a group of quickly growing gt'ers..where is your location?

·
332 Posts
I am in Kingsville....about 20 miles east of Lee's Summit. My car is going to be a track only car, Hopefully this weekend it will be in for the cage, a week for that and it is off for final paint and assembly. If it gets done in time and it looks like I hope I plan on "volunteering" for the car to be part of the SCCA display at World of Wheels. I have A-LOT of work to do before it gets to that point.

·
Opeler
30 Posts
GT at euro

Bucky,
I looked at the GT at Euroasian Salvage in Wichita. it is a 69 and a total rust bucket. Still has the engine and trans. Wants around $400.00 for the engine. A little steep I thought. Bob

·
Riding Low
65 Posts
missouri gt's

well, I live outside St.Louis and thare are 5 gt's in the area that i know,,,, A Missouri opel meet is needed ;) not just GT's but have for all opels,,,,:D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re: hey gt freak

Hey bucky,

Did you get any info? I work by Kemper Arena and can get there in minutes.

there is one in downtown KS that have been flooded at the junk yard..my buddy saw it and will try to get photos and a location..he says it has usable metal..no engine

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,955 Posts
I will find out

great..I will ask him and get back with you...last time I asked
him..he remebered the street ..but not the name..I sent him an email and we will find it...would you want to post a photo if you get out there?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Missouri I think we need to start a Kansas / Missouri opel club get some meetings going. I live in Wichita KS but I have no problem driving the lil 4 hours to get to KC. Heck E-mail me if you want to do lunch sometime. .... I always need an excuse to hit a highway in the GT.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,955 Posts
lost friend

here is the location of a lost friend...1 of 103,463...found in a
KC salvage yard..she will be rough...:D

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
May would be great for a meeting for me .. it would give me a chance to get my 73 cleaned up a little shes got a dent in the back ... poor baby

may good for any one else?

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,955 Posts
lets post a poll for the meeting

may sounds good

1 - 20 of 60 Posts