Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just jumped in to the world of Opels and the unfortunate car I'm trying to bring back to life has had its steering wheel broken free from it's hub.

I have a couple momo's on the shelf and I'd like to just throw one of those on but I can't find a MOMO hub (I think the correct part no. is MC0225) anywhere in North America.

Does anyone have one they'd like to unload?
Is there a source I could buy a new one at that I don't know of, if a used one isn't available?
Is MC0225 even the correct pn?

·
Opeler
3,687 Posts
I have a couple momo's on the shelf and I'd like to just throw one of those on but I can't find a MOMO hub (I think the correct part no. is MC0225) anywhere in North America.

Is there a source I could buy a new one at that I don't know of, if a used one isn't available?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Momo-steering-wheel-hub-boss-kit-MC0225-Genuine-Opel-Manta-Ascona-GT-E-SR/152710855165?epid=1549055399&hash=item238e46b9fd:g:W5sAAOSwRkRZwmwP

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
I just jumped in to the world of Opels and the unfortunate car I'm trying to bring back to life has had its steering wheel broken free from it's hub.

There is a thread or two on this site and there's an Ebay seller, if they're still in business, that sold a Opel adapter that had MOMO and another pattern on it. Search steering wheel adapters, but, I think the adapter was by Luisi, I think, but, they are here in the US

·
GT Owner
316 Posts
Momo Adapter

Opel GT Source normally has them but are currently waiting on resupply.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a thread or two on this site and there's an Ebay seller, if they're still in business, that sold a Opel adapter that had MOMO and another pattern on it. Search steering wheel adapters, but, I think the adapter was by Luisi, I think, but, they are here in the US
Awesome thanks for the tip!

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
I made the one I have. It's made from aluminum drilled the holes for the bolts on the drill press. Already had the cover, that might be the stumbling point to making one. Seems a cover would be easier to find, and just about anything that covers that part on the steering wheel would work.

Bob

·
GT Owner
316 Posts
Yea the ones on ebay coming from Great Britain are the only ones I've been able to find.

Was hoping maybe someone had one a little closer to home / for a little less shipping. But good lookin out!
I do have an extra GT Momo adapter complete in the box. $80 (includes shipping ). Same thing as the one Opel GT Source usually has in stock. Prefer PayPal. Message me if interested.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do have an extra GT Momo adapter complete in the box. $80 (includes shipping ). Same thing as the one Opel GT Source usually has in stock. Prefer PayPal. Message me if interested.
Do you have the PN off that adapter? I believe the GT and Manta A hub adapters are actually different.

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
Manta and GT adaptors ate different.

·
Living in the past
2,289 Posts
Steering wheel adapter

Do you have the PN off that adapter? I believe the GT and Manta A hub adapters are actually different.
The Opel GT and the Manta both have the same steering shaft spline for the steering wheel, the Kaddet spline is different, but the adapter could be different in other ways.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've got an adapter I am not using but not sure it is what you need. What makes Momo's adapter different?
I think that's a Manta adapter! The thing that I've noticed makes them different is the horn contact and steering locator pins on the back. The GT adapter has a fatter pin on the bottom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts