Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been fighting with the final finish on this car for weeks now. When I mean finish I'm talking body and paint. I was wet sanding again today and when I hit it with the hose to wet it down a few really big pieces of clear coat came off. it appears that the final layer or so of clear had no adhesion or very little. I've learned to laugh at these little setbacks and if a garden hose takes that much off a pressure washer should do the rest. I started to post this in humor since this is how I'm looking at it. If you have ever seen the movie Money Pit with Tom Hanks you will understand. It will be great " ya as soon as we peel the rind off of it"

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two weeks?

·
149 Posts
nobody said:
Two weeks?
In the movie whenever Tom Hanks (I forget the name of his character) or his wife ask how long it will take to do any repair - no matter how big or small - the reply is always "two weeks". It's one of the running jokes of the film.

Actually, that movie has kind of become a model/inspiration for me. I bought my house a couple of years ago and believe me! I can relate.

Darrin

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok a pressure washer took almost all of it off. What it didn't is well enough adhered that it is not a worry. When I had the big house with the land that was my favorite movie. There are some great one liners in it and it was always good to see a movie of somebody in more of a spot than I could have ever gotten into. It does look like I'll be at this for about two weeks.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 weeks

I was just thinking of this thread and was looking for a specific time on it's beginning. Maybe now that the paint is all taken care of the vague time is appropriate. I just says 2 weeks now that is funny.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I must agree with rally73 about "Money Pit", but two weeks has turned into 2 months, and probally more. Remind me again why we do this? Got to be because it's so much fun. Actually the finished product is a work of art and well worth it if nothing else, esp when you can say, with pride "That's mine, I did it". Jarrell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts