Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1971 GT
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading Oppositelock's thread on the Cyclone manta, I was reminded of the Opel GT hybrid I snapped at a show outside of Vancouver. Something called a "Kanzler", it is the hybrid of a GT and a Cadillac that I believe was an honest attempt at a commercial venture with several being built. This one had plates from Washington State. Enjoy! I hope these pic show up in the post. If not, I'll put them in my album.

Attachments

·
1971 GT
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And......

Attachments

·
1971 GT
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and finally....

Attachments

·
Riding Low
65 Posts
O

If I had that car it would have a v10 and a piece of railroad track for the frount bumper....can you say "bus killer" LOL :rolleyes: :D

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Kanzler

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder . . . designer? If that's the case, this guy was operating in the dark . . . as in, not a clue . . . head up his "you-know-what". As they also say, there's one born every minute. M2¢W :D

·
boomerang opeler
5,648 Posts
there are no disadvantages to keeping your head some place dark and warm:D if you dont have to look at that car

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,142 Posts
Sad to say, but I have a sales brochure from the Kanzler ......
Specs as follows:
Engine: Ford V-8 351
Wheelbase: 120.4 in.
Overall length: 207 in.
Weight: 4220 lbs.
Body: Steel & fiberglass
Price: $50,000 (1981)
Auto trans
15 inch Zenith chrome knock-off wire wheels

"As befits a vehicle of this calibre, only the finest leathers, carpeting, hardware and detailing have been used in its creation. The Kanzler Coupe has an attractive passenger compartment and reinforced chassis which makes for a high degree of style and strength."

Manufactured by:

Newport Coachworks
2909 Croddy Way
Santa Ana, CA 92704

1 - 14 of 14 Posts