Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Irmscher dual side draft manifolds that I would like to use sometime but don't want to modify the heater box if I don't have to. If the engine crossmember and transmission mounts were modified to allow the engine to sit level across would this give enough additional room for the DCOE's to clear with little or no other modifications?

A Manta transmission would have to be used and the right side engine support would have to be raised while lowering the left side to keep the fan centered in the fan shroud.

It would also probably require a custom head pipe.

What do you think?

Harold

·
Registered
521 Posts
One possble problem I see with modifing the angle of the engine would be that most intake manifolds (for the GT) take into account the exsisting angle of the GT motor. If you were to angle it level, the angle of the intake manifolds may exceed the design characteristics of the carb...e.g. I think the max recommended vertical mounting angle on the Weber is 7 to 10 degrees (anyone?) You may end up with too much vertical angle on the carb.

just a thought. Although, it is possible to squeeze duals in the GT w/o modifing the heaterbox (or the angle of the engine.)

~kyle

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
try a search of "Opeldean" and you should turn up some pictures of how to do it as is.

·
Super Moderator
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Searched for Opeldean in dual side draft forum and didn't find what you were talking about.

I did learn a few things though.

Harold

1 - 5 of 5 Posts