Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
motor replacement

is there a more modern motor that can be swapped out rather than rebuilding the 1.9l in my opel. i want to use the same drive shaft and rearend. thanks in advance for your advice.

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
hi have a look in the search engine and try looking in the performance section in the opel forums (top left of home page in drop down )
you can use many engines if you have the time and skills to do the engineering or you can do some quite simple changes to the orig engine(carb/exhaust/ignition) and make a very spirited car
where abouts are you in FL btw

·
792 Posts
motor transplant

Remember that increases in horsepower need to be balanced with increases in braking power too.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Keep in mind that the rear end can only take so much torque. If it's stock your weak link is the 4 speed and clutch. Given half a chance that little 1.9 can be built easily and fairly inexpensive to a point it will be more than adequate given the weight of the car. I'd also agree that with the added power the brakes become a problem.

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
I moved this to the Engine Swap Forum, where there are LOTS of related threads....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts