Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Opeler
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Black area of the motorcompartment

Hello

When you have a look at the GT's motorcompartment, you can see that the place (near the front window), where the grill and the wipermotor are located, is painted black.

Does anybody know what exactly has to be painted black? I've tried it like I thought it has to be, but discusses rises now ... :( and to be fair, it's terrible done (by me:rolleyes: )! So I have to do it again ...

If somebody can take a picture of it, it would be much easier to explain. You can mail to [email protected] if you have problems with posting them.

Thanks and have a nice GTday!

Joost

p.s.: I've been watching to the Members Foto's but haven't found one that has a detailed look at that particular place.

·
Administrator
10,214 Posts
That GT was at Opels on the Lawn in '98. He mounted a racing radiator at an angle just behind the grille. The air box for the fuel injection was then placed where the stock radiator was. Really opened up the engine compartment. He came from Western MA and sold it a couple of years later.

·
Opeler
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New question is rising ... : Has it always be the normal way to paint it black? Or is this only a habit which Opel started later on in the production of the GT?

Have a nice GTday!!!

Joost

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
That looks really good. My impression is that you are correct (I haven't been around long enough to be 100% certain). Even if you are not, that looks really good.

Your garage space is beautiful.

·
Opeler
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And then you haven't seen the garage at the evening, when she's cleaned ;) .

Going to make more foto's in the near future!

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts